Sunday, April 22, 2018

Happy 17th Birthday, Shiro! (And Momo)

Today we celebrate not only Earth Day, but we also celebrate Shiro & Momo's birthday! Since we don't really know when any of the cats were actually born we assigned them dates around the time of their birth that were significant. So Shiro & Momo got Earth Day, Xander got May Day (05/01), and Chibi got the Ides of March (03/15).


Dad didn't want to eat breakfast, he only had about 1/2 a Breeze, but he did want to get out in the wheelchair. We went to find Popokilani, she was snoozing in the sun on the other side of the railing and didn't want to be bothered with food so we just sat in the sun & enjoyed the view. But it was short-lived, Dad said it was too hot! So I pushed him up the hill to the covered area which also has a great view of Leahi and the surrounding neighborhoods. There should be a great view of the Friday night fireworks at the Hilton Hawaiian Village from there, too; Dad was interested in coming out to see those so I will try to make that happen.


Dad liked being in the viewing area, the shade was great and there was only a little breeze when we got there. It was also quiet, so he did what he does best, he took a nap! About a half hour later a stiff breeze came up and it became too cold for him so we went inside.


The movie in the Castle Living Room was "A World in Balance", it was part of their Earth Day celebration. Dad watched for about half an hour, then needed to get back to his room to get the pressure off of his okole. With the Royal Purple seat cushion he was able to last about 70 minutes in the wheelchair at a much lower level of pain by the time he was removed from the chair.
Jedi Dad watching TV.

I walked down to the park and back while Dad was napping after lunch. It takes me about 15 minutes and covers about 2/3 of a mile at about 2.5 mph. I come back breathing heavy but not so heavy that I am panting through my mouth. This is the 2nd time I have walked down to the park, both times I have had the same reaction; it makes me feel great and suppresses my appetite at the same time! A pack of trek mix was all I needed for lunch. (Hopefully its because my body is burning excess fat as fuel!)

Happy Birthday also to Bill, Norton Younglove, & Aaliyah!

No comments:

Post a Comment