Monday, April 9, 2018

Happy 4th Anniversary to Xander!

On this day in 2014, Xander arrived at Mom & Dad's! He was the 1st of the cats to arrive. Today he 'celebrated' by going to the vet! Yesterday he threw up about an hour after I finished steam cleaning the carpet, then he tried to poop on his Purr Pad. Later in the evening he was lying around in unusual places and also meowing loudly like he needed something. This morning I dropped him off at the Cat Clinic for blood glucose testing as well as a senior cat check-up to see what might be wrong with him; he's staying overnight since I stayed at the hospital with Dad until about 8 pm and the Cat Clinic closes at 5 pm.
He wasn't feeling well last night.
On his way to the vet.

Mom's last surviving orchid bloomed today! It's the only flower on the stalk. I planted one keiki on a hapu'u in Grandma's anthurium garden. There might be one more that I can take and plant this summer.


I worked on cleaning out the 2nd shelf in the refrigerator this morning. Again I emptied out several bottles with liquid but no solids in them. I found a bottle of chocolate that had been melted and poured into the bottle; I kept that one. Then there are 4 bottles that have what looked to be the same type of pickled Asian green; for now I'm keeping them, I'll have to see what it tastes like.
2nd shelf, before.
2nd shelf, empty.
2nd shelf, after.
Some sort of pickled greens that were on the 2nd shelf.
The jars are being washed out so ants don't get in to the recycle bin, throwing the rusted lids out.

The lunch choices at Sunrise Cafe today were Big Island Beef Kimchee Burger, Ravioli Romano with breadsticks, Sweet Chicken Chili Bacon Wrap, and Shoyu Cicken. Curtis had the Shoyu Chicken and I went to the salad bar.
Shoyu chicken. (Photo by Curtis)
Salad.

After lunch physical therapist Kevin came by to work with Dad. He was able to get Dad out of bed to sit in a chair for about 20 minutes; that was a lot of work for Dad but he did well.
Shakas from PT Kevin and Dad.

Later Dad went to get a CT scan; they are hoping they can find the source of the infection. Dawn, the woman who came to transport Dad to the CT scan, had some great tattoos. I had seen her bringing patients in & taking them back, when Mom was going to the ATC for transfusions, but I had never met her before.

Happy Birthday to Aunty Daisy!

No comments:

Post a Comment