Saturday, April 7, 2018

Hospital Day #4

Dad spent most of the day sleeping. In the morning he ate nothing and had nothing for lunch either. At dinner Nurses Aide Vela helped and he ate a banana, about 1/2 of his Boost Breeze, and a few sips of milk. His blood pressure continues to be normal, he had a slightly elevated temperatureof 99 degrees F this morning, his white blood cell count remains in the normal range, and nothing has shown up in the blood cultures yet. Since he has not been eating much they test his blood sugar level before meals to make sure it doesn't drop too low.
Nurses Aide Vela helps Dad eat dinner.

I saw 3 cats today; I was able to get photos of 2 of them. The one with the gray bonnet seems to be the main cat in the area; he walked back and forth several times while I was there. There is another cat that looks like it but it has black blotches and the one on its head extends below its eyes. The 3rd cat is solid black, I couldn't get a photo of it today.
The cat with the gray bonnet & gray blotches.
The cat with the black blotches; it has an extra blotch on the right side & the blotch on its head extends below its eyes.

This morning I met with Mike from H & R Block to have Mom & Dad's and my taxes done. We started with my tax return; I'm getting about $1600 back. Then we started to work on Mom & Dad's return; there were a lot of 1099 forms from Mom's investments. For almost all the transactions there was a 1099 form with the amounts, except for the Edward Jones accounts. It was very frustrating working with the financial advisor when we were transferring the accounts in to Dad's name, it took forever. Then when we tried to close the accounts, it also took forever. And now, the 2017 Consolidated 1099 statement that Edward Jones sent to us lists the basis for each of the accounts as "Unknown" and the unadjusted gain/loss also as "Unknown". Unknown? Everything is computerized, how can they not know? I left a message for the financial advisor; if I have to camp out in his office to get the information, I will. Mike set me up with another appointment next week, he will work on the rest of their return in the meanwhile.

Curtis & I were supposed to meet for lunch but I thought I was going to be really late since it took 45 minutes to do my return, so I texted him and told him to eat without me. Then I found out about the Edward Jones lack of information; I actually got out about the same time that we had originally planned. As soon as I got to the Kaiser parking garage, I texted him again; he said he was in the Sunrise Cafe, still eating. He said the Fish Jun was on the menu again, that's what he had but it was not as good as it was the first day. I decided to try the Chicken Marsala instead; it was okay.
Chicken Marsala.

When I got up this morning the refrigerator was running. But when I returned this evening, it again showed the error message; I quickly reset it. Then checked my low tech melt sensor, it was still frozen. I think I'll stop worrying about it but keep checking if the error code is back on again and reset it if needed.


Happy Birthday to Lorraine & Hester!

2 comments:

  1. Geesh woman, the amount of things you do daily is a lot!. You haven't retired, you still work fulltime. I hold you in my heart and always ask the universe to care well for you. Hugs!

    ReplyDelete