Sunday, April 15, 2018

Mmmm, PB&J!

I showed up at Kaiser about 8:30 this morning. I forgot I was going to be sitting with Dad from the morning, so I was leisurely getting Xander's insulin and cisapride ready for his dosing for 7:30. I started to clean up other things when I suddenly realized I should have left immediately after I gave Xander his medications. Dad was asleep when I got there, he woke up a short while later; unfortunately he wasn't very hungry, he only drank about half of the Boost Breeze. At lunch though, Dad was back to his old self, he ate half of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, finished off the other half of the Boost Breeze, and had a couple spoonfuls of Magic Cup. He didn't eat any dinner before I left.
Half a sandwich is his normal amount of lunch.

Last night I printed an on-line article about exercises you can do while sitting in a chair. This is the 12th day that Dad has been in the hospital, which has cut down on my activity level even more than it was before. I figure if I can get in some exercise while I am sitting with him it can't hurt. We'll see what happens with this.

This morning I got a text from Robert, he sent me 3 photos of what he's dealing with in Wisconsin. I had seen a story on the Hawaii News Now site on the spring snowstorm in the Midwest; I texted a copy to Margaret in Michigan. Later Margaret called, she's got a lot of snow also. Both said there should be no snow in May & June.
(Screen shot by Robert)

Before I leave the house I turn on the TV so it sounds like someone might be in the house. This morning there was a bull riding competition in Tacoma that was on. I didn't realize the bulls were also competing on their ability to throw the rider.


I'm now on a 4 day streak of hitting 14 out of 14!


Happy Birthday to Jim, Ruth Alice, David, & Mackenzie!

No comments:

Post a Comment