Saturday, April 14, 2018

PICC Line is Out

When I arrived today, Dad was not in his bed and the sheets were also gone. It was apparent that they had taken him to the ATC to have the PICC line removed; that makes for one less point for infection to set in. At breakfast Dad ate a whole banana and about half of his Breeze. For lunch he nibbled on his peanut butter & jelly sandwich but didn't drink any of the nutritional supplements. For dinner he only ate 1/2 the Magic Cup and a whole Breeze juice.
Dad with his peanut butter & jelly sandwich and Curtis.

After Dad returned from the ATC, Curtis and I went to the Sunrise Cafe for lunch. Curtis had the Korean Braised Chicken, I went back to the salad bar. Curtis said the Korean Braised Chicken tastes like their Shoyu Chicken!
Korean Braised Chicken. (Photo by Curtis)
Salad from salad bar.

When I arrived at Kaiser, Dad was watching TV, but I didn't pay much attention to it. After Curtis left and I was sitting there with Dad (while he slept), I noticed that he had it on a channel showing mixed martial arts matches. I'm not sure why he was watching it, I've never seen him watch it at home. I asked him if he wanted me to change the channel, he said no. Oh, well.
Wahine MMA.

Later in the day they also took out the IV line that was in Dad's other arm. It was removed basically for the same reason as the PICC line - to reduce the chance of another infection. Later in the evening Dad got a new roommate! He is no longer the elder statesman of the room; his roommate is 96!

Last night's rainstorm apparently knocked out power to 3,000 customers and flooded Kalanianaole Highway. Our power came back on about 1 in the morning, so I was going around shutting off lights and resetting the feeders.

Curtis leaves for Las Vegas tonight, he will be gone about a week. I will pick him up on the night he returns, then early in the morning on the next day I take him to the airport to get on a flight to Maui to join Lori at her high school reunion. They return the next day; I'll be watching Dad by myself for 8 days. I'll have to make sure I take some short mental health breaks during the day.

Yay! This is the 3rd day in a row that I have taken at least 250 steps each hour from 8 am to 10 pm.


Happy Birthday to Lois, David, Brenda, & Maia!

No comments:

Post a Comment