Sunday, April 8, 2018

Poor Planning

I steam cleaned the carpet in the family room this morning; it felt "sticky" especially in the muggy Kona weather. It was a lot better after I was done. But about an hour later I heard that ominous sound that Xander makes just before he throws up; I wish he had done that before I steam cleaned! While I was cleaning up the cat puke I looked over and saw Xander squatting on the Purr Pad that he sleeps on, I quickly grabbed him and put him in the Cat Genie; pooping on his bed is not a normal behavior, I think he's got some health problems brewing again. I'll be calling the Cat Clinic tomorrow morning to see if I can get him in for a check up.
Is there a cat shaming site where I can post this photo?

Late last night Dad was moved to another room because they needed the single room he was in. When Curtis walked in there was someone else there! The nurses told him where to find Dad. He now has a roommate; Dallas apparently fell off his horse and sustained a head injury. Because Dallas needs a room sitter to make sure he doesn't get out of bed by himself, Dad ends up having someone also looking in on him overnight. All of Dad's vital signs are good, but he is still not eating much; he spent much of his time sleeping during the day. Dr. Chawla says the blood cultures have all come back negative so tomorrow we discuss doing a CT scan.

For lunch at Sunrise Cafe today they had Fish Jun again! And also Chinese Stir Fry with Green Pepper as well as Tofu Vegetable Chow Mein. Curtis had the Chinese Stir Fry and I went to the salad bar. I have decided to stick to salads because since Dad's first hospitalization on March 3rd and 2 days ago I have gained almost 2 pounds eating at the cafeteria! I think it is because they give such large portions and I keep forgetting to ask for a to go box so I can limit myself to only 1 portion. So I'm sticking to salads for the remainder of Dad's hospitalization. Of course, I will also have to make wise choices at the salad bar.
Chinese Stir Fry with Green Peppers. (Photo by Curtis)
I couldn't find the vinaigrette so I used ranch dressing.

Since Dad has the bed by the door, we can't see out the window to see if any cats are walking by. But this evening I was talking to cousin Tomiko so I went out to the lanai at the front of the hospital where the espresso stand is. There were 3 cats when I got there, by the time I left there were only 2. I've seen both of them before when Mom was here getting transfusions, but this is the first time I've seen them on any of Dad's visits. The 3rd cat is a young calico that I have never seen before. I'll have to keep cat treats in my jacket pocket & walk through there tomorrow night. Or not.

Orange cat.
Black & white cat.

While I was talking to Tomiko, I found out she was recently adopted by a cat; he is currently nameless.
Tomiko's new cat. (Photo by Tomiko)

I checked on the papayas again today, a couple more have started to change color; they're turning light green. I also checked on the orange tree since I saw several tiny oranges that dropped off the tree; there are about a dozen about the size of a golf ball that I could find.
These might be ready for picking in a couple of weeks.
I saw at least a dozen green oranges still on the tree.

Since the refrigerator is already fairly empty, I decided to clean the rest of it out. I started on the top shelf today. I tossed out about a third of the stuff on the top shelf. There were 4 bottles filled with the pickling solution for various types of things, but nothing else; apparently Mom ate the things and was going to put more things in the jars but never got around to it. Some of the lids were very rusted. One bottle had a label that said, "Korean Chicken Sauce, 04/21/06", I got rid of it. I also threw out some fake butter that was getting moldy.
The refrigerator, before.
Door, before.
Top shelf, before.
Top shelf, empty.
Top shelf, after.

Happy Birthday to Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment