Monday, May 7, 2018

Boring!

Today I had a leisurely walk down to Maunalani Park and back; average 2.1 mph. It was also unsatisfying. Why am I walking so slowly? Because of the tattoo I am not supposed to sweat for 5 to 7 days; the tattoo is basically an open wound so it needs to be kept clean. Which means I can't sweat until next Monday, the 14th. I also can't go swimming, go to the sauna, or work-out until then. Until the 20th I can't wear old clothing that might be abrasive or any new clothing or dry-cleaned clothing because the skin around the tattoo is in a sensitized state. Until the end of July I can't expose the tattoo to direct sun, then for the next 3 months after that I need to use heavy sunscreen and limit direct sun exposure. After October 21st things will be back to normal. Yay!

As soon as I wheeled Dad in to the dining room this morning he told CNA Jessa that he wasn't going to eat, he just wanted the juice & the milk. So that's what she brought him. Later she snuck in the papaya and banana; he ate about 1/2 the papaya, 240 ml of the Breeze, & 240 ml Plus. For lunch he had 1/4 of a peanut butter & jelly sandwich, 240 m Breeze, & 200 ml Plus. Not sure what happened with dinner.
Breakfast.
Lunch.

I can't figure out the Namaste & Music schedule. On the event calendar it shows it occurring every day at 10 am; today I was told there was a special presentation so there would be no Namaste, but both were still shown on the calendar. Dad didn't seem to like the Japanese dancing & singing as much as he likes the Namaste & Music sessions, but at least he stayed til the end. He was in the wheelchair for almost 4 hours today; he had no complanits about a sore okole, just that he was tired & needed to take a nap after lunch. The nap after lunch is a normal habit that Dad had at home.

Happy Birthday to Scot!

No comments:

Post a Comment