Wednesday, May 9, 2018

Missed Dr. Gries Today

Wednesday is one of the days that Dr. Gries comes by to check up on the Veterans Administration patients. I missed his visit today so I did not get to ask him to adjust Dad's Remeron dosage since he has not started eating yet. I did find out that there is a binder that I can have concerns logged in for Dr. Gries to address on his next visit. Done! For breakfast Dad ate 2 pieces of papaya, a tiny bit of scrambled egg, and drank 240 ml Breeze & 240 ml Plus. For lunch he had only 1/8 of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich, 240 ml Breeze & 240 ml Plus. Curtis' plan for dinner is to cancel the entree and give Dad half a sandwich and the Breeze & Plus. He found out last night that Dad doesn't like the tuna sandwich, so we will stick with the egg salad sandwich.
Breakfast.

After breakfast we saw Popokilani but it began to drizzle so I brought Dad back in. The Voices of Aloha choir had a performance in the Castle Living Room. I left Dad upstairs and went back to his room to take a nap. Even though my cough has gotten better and I hardly coughed at night for the last 2 nights, I am still catching up on 3 weeks of getting only 2 to 5 hours of sleep a night. I heard the concert was good.


On my walk to Maunalani Park today, it initially looked like I wouldn't be able to get there easily because of the road work that has been going on for a while now. But the workers stopped briefly to let me walk through. If I had to follow the detour I would have had to walk down Matsonia, then along Lurline, then up Wilhelmina Rise; not something I want to do. Glad they let me through!
The trackhoe operator stopped to let me through.

The weather today was sunny, therefore it was warm. It was extremely difficult to go slow enough to not sweat. I was trying to walk tai chi slow; which was very interesting. I was consciously choosing where to place my feet as I walked; it became sort of a meditation in motion. I felt less upset about walking slowly today than I had previously. Perhaps this not sweating is a good thing for me to experience. Walking tai chi slow also made me look around & see more.
Cool gate!
Amazing rockery work.

We leave the television on so it sounds like someone is home during the day. Today when I got home I once again came in to the middle of a movie and was thoroughly confused as to what exactly it was that I was watching. I had to figure out what channel the TV was on, then look it up in the TV guide to find out it was "Mad Max: Fury Road". A few years ago (I think I was also at Mom & Dad's visiting) I saw about 5 minutes of one of the other "Mad Max" films. I guess I should have figured out it was a Mad Max film because of a) massive, amazingly weird vehicles that never run out of gas, b) lots of violence, & c) lots of desert.
What movie would you have thought this was?
 
I think I need to be really clear here about the eruption of Kilauea. That is occurring on the island of  Hawai'i aka The Big Island aka Moku o Keawe. We are currently located on the island of O'ahu; there is no danger of lava flows getting here, just of vog when the wind is blowing in the right direction. The house on the Big Island is about as far away on the island as you can get from the East Rift Zone where the eruption is currently spewing lava. The lava would also have to get around Mauna Loa and Mauna Kea to get to the house; so no lava danger there either, just the vog again.

Happy Birthday to John!

No comments:

Post a Comment