Tuesday, May 8, 2018

Still Not Eating

It feels like Dad's desire to eat is diminishing. This morning he refused to eat anything and only drank 120 ml Breeze. He also didn't want to get in to the wheelchair so he just slept all morning; though that might be okay since Lynn is coming this afternoon for the ukulele session and there was nothing of interest for him this morning. And the weather was not good for going to look for Popokilani. At lunch Dad ate 1/4 of his peanut butter and jelly sandwich, drank 120 ml Breeze, ate a Nutter Butter, and promptly fell asleep!


Curtis & I went to breakfast this morning at Flamingo. He had the #1 Breakfast and I had the Sweet Potato Pancakes. I was also thinking about the Loco Moco Breakfast, may be next time.


#1 All Day Breakfast.
Sweet Potato Pancakes.

On my leisurely walk at Maunalani Park today I saw a male kolea (Pacific Golden Plover, Pluvialis fulva) in breeding colors. Here's the best photo I could get.
Darn birds! Never stay still long enough! Will try again.

The Roommates and I will share providing the dinner meal. I had originally said we would cook; Curtis says I should just say the person will be responsible for providing the meal. That would allow The Roommates to buy dinner in lieu of cooking. Right now I said I would cook for 2 nights a week, The Roommates will each do 1 night; we'll do leftovers on the 3 other nights. My first night cooking this week was tonight; here's the beef stew I made in the Cuisinart electric pressure cooker. It took about 1 hour of prep time, plus about 30 minutes cooking time. It sat for about 15 minutes while the rice finished cooking. It got rave reviews from The Roommates.


Happy Birthday to Traci, Evan, & Robin!

No comments:

Post a Comment