Wednesday, May 2, 2018

Still Waiting for Hunger to Kick In

Dad did not eat much at breakfast; only about 120 ml Breeze and 25% of his meal. But at lunch he ate more; 50% of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich, 240 ml Breeze, & 240 ml Plus. For dinner he only drank 240 ml Boost Plus and 120 ml Breeze.
Dad eating his ice cream.

While Dad went to the Namaste & Music session at 10, I went to Maunalani Park to walk. Since the Namaste & Music session goes until 11:30. I could stay at the park until about 11 and still get back in time to get him, even with my cool down stretches. I decided to do several laps instead of my usual single lap to make up for the less than stellar walk yesterday when I only felt like puking. While at the park a Blue Heeler kept running up to me and wanting to follow me; it was Bruce. His human, Chris, and I figured it must be the cat treats I keep in my pocket for Popokilani!
Bruce.
Bruce & Chris on the newly mowed park lawn.
I brought some of the park lawn back with me; I had to clean up the floor in Dad's room.

I talked with Mr. Yamada's daughter Shirley today. It turns out Mr. Yamada likes cats, also! She said it was OK to let Xander visit wth him the next time he comes to visit Dad. Shirley says they like to come on Wednesdays & Sundays.

I had to tape the charging door of the LifeProof case together today. I'm glad the new case will be here by the end of the week.
What? No duct tape?

After I left Maunalani I went to Petco; I needed Instinct Raw Cage-Free Chicken cat food so I could get Xander to eat the MiraLax powder to keep him regular. I also wanted to get treats for Popokilani, she doesn't seem to like the catnip & chicken flavored dental treats, so I got her salmon-flavored Feline Greenies SmartBites. These will be solely for Popokilani since Xander can't have anything with fish meal in it. Finally, I got some dog treats for the many dogs I meet at the park. (Now Bruce will have a good reason to come & follow me.) I got Blue Wilderness Trail Treats; it says it has "Wolf-Style Chicken Bites", whatever those are. The key for me is that they are grain-free with high quality protein.
L to R: dog treats, cat treats, & raw treats.

Happy Birthday to Bobbye!

No comments:

Post a Comment