Sunday, June 3, 2018

Brunch with Barb & Mari

I picked Barb & Mari & their luggage up this morning and we went to brunch at Koa Pancake House. On the way there I drove them past the house and gave them a quick tour of the neighborhood; I also pointed out where Maunalani Nursing & Rehabilitation Center was located on the top of the hill. Neither Barb nor Mari had heard of Vinha d'Ahlos, so Barb ordered the Vinha d'Ahlos Plate, Mari had the breakfast with Portuguese sausage, pancakes, & 2 eggs, and I had the Vinha d'Ahlos Omelette. Yes, I know, I had that the last time I was there. But I like it!
Mari & Barb with breakfast.

After breakfast we made a trip up to Maunalani so they could meet Curtis and also check out the view from Maunalani. From there we went to the airport to drop their bags off at Baggage Storage Hawai'i, near Baggage Claim area 18-19 (formerly Baggage Claim E-1); their plane actually leaves late in the evening but they had to check out by 11 this morning so this was a good option. I dropped them off at the Waikiki Aquarium so they could spend some time there before heading to Shirokiya Japan Village Walk and Foodland Farms to get some bento for the flight back. We already have a new list of places we need to visit on their next trip here.

Sitting with Dad this afternoon & evening was uneventful; he slept most of the time. As usual, he hardly touched the solid food (2 bites out of his peanut butter & jelly sandwich) but he did well on the Boost liquid supplements. He was better today about taking his medication.

On my walk today I did not see any new birds. But I have gotten better at identifying the Common Waxbills both by sounds and flight behavior. I saw 9 bird species today (Spotted Dove, Zebra Dove, Common Waxbill, House Sparrow, Red-headed Cardinal, Northern Cardinal, Red-vented Bulbul, Cattle Egret, & Common Myna).

I got a text saying one of the on-line orders I made had arrived today, it was delivered to "garage or other location." But The Roommates couldn't find it. Turns out they had left it by the front door. I am hoping my other order comes before I leave the house tomorrow.
It's a My Pillow! Two very compact My Pillows.
An expanded My Pillow.

Dylan & Briy, The Potential Most Favorite Roommate's hanai parents, came over this afternoon. They initially came to do some yard clean up with The Roommates. But then Dylan also cooked dinner! Once again, a good reason why I try to be nice to everyone I meet, you never know when they might end up cooking dinner for you!
Preparation for dinner.
Pesto Chicken.
Pesto Chicken Fettuccine.

Barb & Mari both were traveling with 1 carry-on & a backpack. I would like to be able to travel like that but with the amount of omiyage I am carrying to Wisconsin & Michigan, I can't do that. But I am taking my smaller cat suitcase; the big cat suitcase is already pre-packed with all the clean sheets & towels to go back to Kohala, not to mention the small construction & repair items that I use on both islands. This is how much was packed before I started working on it again after dinner; had to make sure I packed the most important stuff first!
My suitcase.

Happy Birthday to Richard, John, Oogie Richards, & DoQuyen!

No comments:

Post a Comment