Sunday, June 17, 2018

Father's Day at Maunalani

Before I left, I turned in paperwork to reserve the 2nd Floor Landing for us to get together with Dad for a Father's Day breakfast. Maunalani was having its own family event Father's Day Brunch, but each resident could only invite 2 guests; there were 4 of us so we did our own thing. I picked up 4 Zippy's Breakfast Bentos which had scrambled eggs and a variety of meats plus rice; Brent got 3 orders of pancakes from McDonald's so we could try the Wisconsin maple syrup as well as the Spruce Tip Jelly.
I got each of the Breakfast Bentos,
Here's what the table looked like.
L to R: Shawn, Brent, Curtis, & Dad.
One of the breakfasts.
A Red-vented Bulbul tried to check out our brunch.

Inside, they had put fresh flowers on the dining room tables. Usually they have very realistic looking silk flowers.


Because of the special breakfast, I only did one walk today in the afternoon. I saw the White-rumped Shama again! But only one bird this time and it was too far for me to get photos. I also saw the Northern Cardinal family again.

When I got home from Maunalani, I iced my knees while I ran the Deebot. I was surprised to see the Deebot had a passenger! Not sure how that happened.


I went over to Curtis' house for his Father's Day dinner. While there I also checked on the progress of the remodel. On the drive there, I was on autopilot; I took the exit to go to Kaiser Moanalua! Fortunately it's one of those exits where you can get back on the freeway easily.



Happy Birthday to Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment