Thursday, June 21, 2018

How Hot Was It?

This afternoon, about 12:20 when I left the house to go to Maunalani it was 94 degrees F! Up at Maunalani, about 25 minutes later, it was only 82 F; I think I will continue to do my walks up at Maunalani since the temperature is more reasonable. And there is usually a nice breeze up there, too. Today I did a mid-morning walk and a late afternoon walk; I skipped the evening walk since I wanted to get home a little earlier so I could get to sleep a little earlier.
The clock in the car is off by 7 minutes.


There was nothing of note during the mid-morning walk. But on the late afternoon walk I saw the  male White-rumped shama (Copsychus malabaricus) again. It was alone and in the same stand of trees on the northeast side of the park as the one I saw yesterday. I am thinking it might be one of the pair I saw earlier in the season & perhaps the female is on a nest in that stand of trees. I'll have to pay more attention to what's happening there.


I went to the periodontist again this morning. They are trying to reduce the size of the pocket around the last molar on the left side of my jaw. This is the molar that was next to my wisdom tooth that was removed about 30 years ago.
Yes, I am wearing my hiking boots. They are the best footwear that I have.

On the way to the periodontist (& Kaiser Honolulu) I have to pass this cool mural; it is right at the off-ramp. And today I sat there for about 5 minutes because of all the traffic farther ahead where there is an on ramp.


I have started to have cramps in my calves and foot over the last several weeks. I think I may be losing some electrolytes so I started back on the magnesium malate that Dr. Shaw had me on when I had the same problem before. But I am still getting an occasional cramp so I decided maybe with the additional sweating that I am doing in this hotter weather, perhaps I just need more salt. Here's my solution!


Happy Birthday to Shannen, Vi, & Rylee!

No comments:

Post a Comment