Friday, June 22, 2018

Lei Pakalana

I did a load of laundry late last night, with the intention of hanging it out in the back yard as soon as the sprinkler that is on the timer was done; about 7:15 am. I picked enough pakalana flowers to make another hatband lei. I think I will make this part of my morning off protocol; clean clothes and a pakalana lei! The lei will be perfect for Aloha Friday!
The 75 flowers that will become a lei for my hat.
It was 82 degrees F when I was making the lei; I was sweating while I made it.

Curtis sat with Dad this morning; he had things to do in the afternoon. He said it was really easy because Dad went to the Namaste session so he was occupied for about 1&1/2 hours. When CNA Jessa brought Dad back they went out to the 2nd floor lanai for lunch. Once again, it was cooler up at Maunalani than at home.
Temperature at the house.
Temperature at Maunalani.

I had not had the car washed since February, so I took the Subaru to McKinley Car Wash this morning. I think I must have chosen the busiest time! Cars were actually out on the street waiting to turn in; it took about 45 minutes for me to get the car washed. I'm not sure why, but there are a bunch of Spotted doves that walk around between cars & people at the car wash. I didn't see anyone feeding them or anything they might be interested in so I don't know why so many of them are there. The other thing I noticed was that out of the 20 or so cars that I could easily see, mine was the only one with the volcano license plate.

I also went to Kokua Market to pick up salad fixings, eggs, and sauerkraut. I shouldn't have parked in the shade under the tree; when I came out about 15 minutes later, a bird had undone the car wash!

I also went to the bank, credit union, and post office this morning. I mailed off the package of goodies to Vivian & Margaret; they should get that by Monday. While I was walking from the bank to the post office, it started to drizzle; I got to watch the DWR (durable water repellent) treatment on the Anchor Bay long-sleeved shirt at work. I guess it sort of repels water, better than a regular shirt but not as good as a slicker.


There was nothing of interest on my 1st walk to the park ... except for the tourist who almost had a head-on with TheBus when the tourist was looking at the view of Diamond Head instead of the road! That car had actually passed me 3 times earlier, so I thought they were looking for an address. Later I saw them pulled over (at the bus stop), out of their car, and taking photos. Auwe!

On my later walk in the evening, I could clearly see the moon; it made everything seem somewhat calm. 

I think Shiro & Chibi are missing Xander. Shiro does that funny meow that he used when he was looking for Momo; he has been doing it every night. Both cats seem to want to stay close to me now; tonight they were both in the bathroom when I took my shower.
L to R: Chibi & Shiro, keeping me company in the bathroom.

I think something bit me when I was at Hamakua Marsh last night. I have a red spot on each shoulder. And they have a spot in the middle that looks like that's where I got bit. I took photos to send to my PCP to see if she would like me to come in and have it checked.
Left shoulder.
Right shoulder.

It's official; I lost 5.1 pounds over the last week. Those extra walks added up! But I think 5 pounds a week is too much to lose; I will be doing no more than 2 walks per day. I am content with losing just 1 pound a week.

Happy 36th Anniversary to John & Ruth!

No comments:

Post a Comment