Friday, June 15, 2018

Meanwhile, Back at Maunalani

Nothing seems to have changed. Except maybe its gotten hotter in the past 10 days. It was 78 degrees F when I left the house this morning; it was 77 F up at Maunalani. When I walked at 10 while Dad was in the Namaste session it felt hotter than usual and there was no breeze.


I did see a family of Northern Cardinals as I was leaving the park. A juvenile was following the adult pair around, begging for food.


I was very tired today; I think its because I got up at 2 am & couldn't get back to sleep. It would have been 7 am in the Eastern Time zone. One time I fell asleep and apparently slept through them transferring Mr. Yamada back to bed!

It's official; I gained 4.2 pounds during the 10 days that I was on vacation. That's almost half of what I lost since Christmas Day! My portion control was good, but I was not able to sustain the level of exercise that I had been doing. Curtis says his method of minimizing carbs is easier because he can do that no matter where he is. It's also now official that I will be trying to get in 2 walks a day! It will be tougher since it is getting hotter, may be I will have to alter my schedule and do a walk either very early or very late in the day.

Happy Anniversary to me! Today is the 2nd anniversary of my move to Hawai'i. Sadly it is also the 2nd anniversary of Momo's disappearance.

Just as I was leaving Maunalani I got a call from a delivery person. We met at the house. It turned out to be a floral arrangement from Dr. Sylvester & staff.

No comments:

Post a Comment