Friday, July 6, 2018

Another Breakfast with Curtis, et al

I forgot to do the official weigh-in this morning; I was too busy getting ready to go to breakfast with Curtis, twice in one week! Friends are visiting so we all got together, including Lori, for another early morning breakfast. We went to Anna Miller's and had a variety of breakfasts; Curtis & I also went here before. I will do the weigh-in tomorrow; my hope is that I have at least not gained anything over this past week.
Three egg omelette with Portuguese sausage, Spam, & bacon.
Portuguese sweet bread French toast.
Two ranch egg breakfast with turkey sausage.
Cornbread & chocolate haupia pie.
California benedict with cornbread.
Cross-section of the California benedict; way more avocado than at Moena Cafe.

Our friends had not seen Curtis & Lori's remodel so they stopped by after breakfast. The remodel was supposed to have been finished last year, before Christmas; it has now gone on for just over a year. Curtis says every night he stands at the far end of the the remodel, looks down the hall at how much more has been added, and tells himself it is almost done!
It's almost done!

It was really hot when we left Curtis & Lori's house, 94 degrees F! It was cooler in Waikiki and, of course, it was much cooler at Maunalani, which seems to have about the same difference in temperature as Kapa'au; I think they are at a similar elevation. According to my walking app, Maunalani is about 1000 feet in elevation; based on a hiking app I used earlier Kapa'au is about 900 feet, but I will use the same walking app when we are visiting next week and see what it says.
At Waikele.
At Waikiki.
At Maunalani.

Lunch today was Meatloaf with gravy, Stir fry vegetables, Steamed Rice, Potato chowder, Tossed salad, and Coconut cake. Dad tried a bite of the cake then said it tasted terrible; that was it for solid food at lunch for him. (I passed on the cake, too, since I had a big breakfast.)


Our friends came to visit Dad later in the afternoon. He really enjoyed their visit. We are hoping to be able to do a family gathering visit later in the week with them.

After I dropped them off in Waikiki, I decided to check out the Patagonia store for the sun protection clothing since it was closer to where they were. I spent about 45 minutes there, trying on 6 different shirts. I discovered that, yes, I need a large in order to not have my circulation cut off in my arms when I roll up the sleeves. Which means I need to find shirts with raglan sleeves so it is not so obvious that the shirt is too large for me. However, their large made it look like I wasn't wearing any shorts! Hanako, the sales person, was very helpful saying I could order 2 sizes on-line and return things that didn't fit through the store so I would not be charged for shipping them back. She also suggested I check West Marine since they had sun protection clothing for fishing.
The small long-sleeved t-shirt; note the constriction at the bicep.
The medium dress shirt; there is less constriction at the bicep but it is less stretchy than the t-shirt.
The large long-sleeved t-shirt. There is barely any constriction but the shoulder seams are about 3" below my shoulders & you can just barely see my shorts.
The large hooded zippered cover-up. No constriction, but no shorts either!

At West Marine I spent a little over an hour there & tried on 10 different shirts from the Columbia line of clothing. And found 1 that fit well! It was an extra small, the bust and shoulders fit very well, and I could roll up the sleeves and still have about 2 finger widths of space! I guess they are made so you can cast and not be restricted! The only problem was that the only extra small was white and my blue print sports bra was very visible. Cindy, the sales person who helped me, was also very helpful. She got on-line and found there were 2 other colors and ordered one for me; it will be sent to the house. She did say that it was showing only 3 left at the warehouse in that color, so I might have to go with the other color, or even settle for the white (and just make sure I am wearing my white sports bra, the pockets are also strategically placed).
The medium buttoned shirt, success, no constriction at the biceps! But the shoulders are too low & you can see the color of my sports bra. No photo of the extra small. (My phone was dying.)

Happy Birthday to Vonita!

No comments:

Post a Comment