Monday, July 9, 2018

Another Sun Protection Top

Coolibar had a summer sale on some of their sun protection clothing; 25% off! That included things on clearance; I got a long-sleeved UPF 50 rash guard that was normally $85 for a little less than $22.50! It arrived today. It is a size small, so I expected the sleeves to be a little looser, it wasn't; but its not any tighter than the Patagonia extra small. It will do; now I have another top to put in the sun protection clothing rotation. Coolibar is the brand that says don't use their clothing designed for the water (like the rash guard) in fitness activities (like walking) & vice versa; I'll have to see whether there is a difference between the Coolibar and Patagonia products (which you can use for both activities).

Dad would not get out of bed this morning. He said he was too sore to get out of bed, he has trouble understanding that lying in bed all day is part of the problem with feeling sore. He still won't eat any solid food; but is still drinking the supplements, so that's good. Dad was very obstinate today about not doing anything, we think it is because he had a male RN and male CNA today.

I saw LaVie, Tazzi, & Kila this morning. They were up by the upper entrance when I crossed paths with them. It was good to see them again. During my 2nd walk in the afternoon I saw a whole flock of Rose-ringed Parakeets. They were flying through the park, headed downhill.

Lunch (or dinner?) today was Seafood pasta primavera, Succotash, Garlic bread, Tossed salad, Chocolate pudding, & French onion soup. Their French onion soup is a little salty but one of the better tasting ones; most of their soups are very bland. I ate all except the pudding, which I gave to Dad and which he refused to eat. I offered him everything else, but he turned those down, too.


The schedule for the staff fitness classes at Maunalani was posted in the elevator this morning. I never did ask if I could join in, but from the times listed, it looks like I wouldn't be able to make them anyway. But I am glad to see them making it easier for staff to keep in shape for their jobs that can be physically demanding at times.

The Potential Most Favorite Roommate made dinner tonight. He used an on-line recipe that he had not used before to make Chicken Marsala in the electric pressure cooker. It was not the same as the one from Himalayan Kitchen but it was tasty. (I had a small serving so I guess I should be calling it supper.) He served it over rice, but wondered about making naan to go with it; my The Complete America's Test Kitchen TV Show Cookbook, 2001-2017 has a recipe for naan, so he'll probably make naan next time.


Happy Birthday to Santa Jim & Adrian!

No comments:

Post a Comment