Tuesday, July 3, 2018

HC Drive Inn

For our Tuesday morning breakfasts we are now in the realm of the unknown; Curtis has taken me to all of his favorites. Now we are randomly going to places we see that advertise breakfast or that we have heard about through various means including just driving by the place. Today we went to HC Drive Inn. We both had the Bruddah Moco; its corned beef with sauteed onions served over rice with brown gravy and 2 eggs. It's real chunks of corned beef not corned beef hash; there are no potatoes.

Bruddah Moco.

We originally tried to go to a place called Sweet Treats by Kris in the Waipahu Plantation Marketplace. Even though the flashing sign in the window and the sign on the door said it was open, it wasn't. This is the 2nd time Curtis has tried this place and found it deserted when the window sign said it was open. According to Yelp it opens at 11 am during the week and 10 am on the weekend; guess we won't be trying this place for Tuesday Breakfast. (They really should fix that sign!)



When I left the house this morning at 6:38 it was 80 degrees F! When I got to Curtis' house at 7:05 it was 77F. A while later at 9:10 it was 74F at Maunalani; I wonder how high the temperature was at the house?
At the house at 6:38.
At Curtis' at 7:05.
At Maunalani at 9:10.

Because we went to breakfast, I did a mid-morning walk. It was refreshing because it was lightly drizzling for most of it; the sun came out just as I was heading back in to the building to start my cool down stretches. I even jogged for a short distance (20 feet); the track hoe operator moved out of the way to let a car pass so I took advantage of the opening!

Dad had gone to the Namaste session but it was not in the regular place with the recliners; it was in the Castle Dining Room. He didn't care for that as much; in fact, I had just gotten back from my walk and they were looking for me because he wanted to leave. So I took him to the Castle Living Room where they were having an exercise session with Naoko. Susie got him to participate a little; she's very good at cajoling Dad in to doing things.
Dad (L), Naoko (center background), & Susie (R).

Lunch today was Cheeseburger on bun, Hawaiian coleslaw, Banana pudding, & Seafood chowder. Dad had his usual peanut butter & jelly sandwich that he did not eat.


The sun was out on my second walk at shift change. No new birds, no cool finds along the way. But it still felt good to walk. Besides, I had a large breakfast that I needed to work off!

As usual, Dad did not eat the dinner. And tonight he was even putting up a fuss about drinking the supplements; hopefully this is only a short term thing.

Even though I am suffering in this sweltering heat, Chibi is loving it! She goes and lies out in the sun in the cat run every day & in the evening.


Happy Birthday to Marvetta!

No comments:

Post a Comment