Sunday, July 1, 2018

Karaoke Time

They didn't have Namaste this morning because they were short-staffed. So I decided to see how Dad would do with the Karaoke. Susie said Dad watched the words and nodded his head but wouldn't sing on his own, he just listened to others singing. Overall it seems like something he doesn't mind doing; he stayed for the entire 1&1/2 hour session.
Dad (at L) listens as Susie sings. I'm not sure what this song is.

Kelly & Abby arrived at the park shortly after I did this morning. I found out from Kelly that Patagonia has a bricks-and-mortar store in Honolulu! When I originally Googled it last month, it didn't show a store here; but today I specifically Googled "Patagonia Ward" and it came up this time. Sundays they close at 6 pm, all other nights at 8 pm so I should be able to drop by after I leave Maunalani. Wish me luck on finding stuff that fits in the biceps but won't be too big everywhere else! In the meanwhile, enjoy these photos of Abby!
Keeping her eye on the prize! (Bella & Maggie are in the background.)
She goes up & grabs it.
And comes in for the landing.

For lunch today it was Roast beef, Mashed potatoes, Seasoned green beans, Garden salad, Blonde brownie, & Potato chowder for me. Dad had his usual peanut butter & jelly sandwich. I used to wonder if maybe Dad would have eaten some of what was offered to the other residents, but now I'm sure he really wouldn't. Since I started doing this a week or so ago, I continually offer to feed him off the plate they give me and he always refuses. And he also doesn't eat his sandwich; at least he still drinks the supplements.


During my afternoon walk I saw a flock of Yellow-fronted canaries (Crithagra mozambica) at the park. Originally they were in the forested area at the upper end of the park. As I was walking around the field they moved down to the field, where I was able to get better photos of a couple of them.


Curtis had to take Lori and her mom to the Kaiser Moanalua emergency room today. They think his mother-in-law has a urinary tract infection; so I was left with Sunday Shower Duty. And today I succeeded in convincing Dad to take a shower!

The Roommate Who Was Learning to Give Xander His Meds will now be known as The Roommate Who Likes To Do Dishes. Tonight The Roommate Who Likes To Do Dishes made Pesto Chicken for dinner and supplemented it with some stir fry dishes that he bought..
L: Pesto Chicken; R various stir fries.

I have noticed since I started walking in the morning I also take a nap before lunch at Maunalani. I am wondering if this is a result of the fibromyalgia; previously I would need a couple of days to recover from a 1 mile walk, so this is a big improvement. I will have to pay more attention to this new development.

Happy Birthday to Sandy & Brad!

No comments:

Post a Comment