Tuesday, April 4, 2017

Leaks, Leaks, Leaks

I fixed the leak in the toilet; it was the flexible supply pipe line from the incoming line to the tank. I replaced it and that stopped the leak. Next on the repair list: fix the leaky outdoor faucet by the back door. I had hooked up a timer so that the lettuce, papayas, and sweet potatoes could be automatically watered. The only problem was that the faucet handle leaks. So I got teflon twist packing; I need to turn the water off to the house in order to fix it. Only problem is I can't open the lid to get to the valve. So I will have to hire a plumber to take care of it, so I checked the other outdoor faucets and found that they all leak around the handle; I guess its because they are almost 50 years old.


Curtis picked me up at 6:30 so that we could get to his breakfast spot when it opened up at 7 am. We went to Cinnamon's Restaurant in Kailua. They also have restaurants in Waikiki, Las Vegas, and 2 in Japan.


I had the kalua pig benedict. It comes with purple sweet potatoes under the kalua pig and a side of home fries. And their own home-made hollandaise sauce. It was so good I ate most of it before I remembered to take a photo. Just imagine eggs benedict with kalua pig and purple sweet potatoes.


I also worked on replacing the curtain rod in the computer room. The room that Mom was in did not have a curtain, which didn't matter before because she only went there later in the evening after the sun had set. Once she became so tired that she had to spend more time in bed, as the sun set it streamed in to the room and into her eyes. I took one of the tension curtain rods and a curtain from the computer room and put it up in her room.
Window before.

I started out hanging the curtain at the top of the window so that the breeze could come in through the unobstructed bottom portion of the window. Which it did. But it would allow someone to easily peak in.


So I switched to hanging it at the bottom of the window. It now lets air in at the top, keeps people from looking in, and also let's more light in to bounce off the ceiling and brighten up the room.


I have been working on the slide show for Mom's service. I have been going through the many photo albums that she had been putting together for the family. I found some great photos! I also found one interesting photo that I am surprised that Mom took; its more like something that I would take a photo of than something Mom would take a photo of. And I know it was Mom that took the photo because it was a trip to Zion National Park that Mom was on with Grandma, who would not be using the camera.
I can't figure out why Mom took this photo.

I found a mejiro's nest in the mango tree this morning. It's a work of art! I had been hearing a lot of singing outside my bedroom window, I will have to see if I can peak in the nest from my window. It would be cool to watch the babies grow up.


Happy Birthday to Laura, Brian, & Israel! Happy 14th Anniversary to Maria & George!

No comments:

Post a Comment