Friday, July 14, 2017

Rats Again!

Before I went to the Big Island I talked with Travis from Terminex about getting rid of the rats in the attic. I made an appointment for the clean-up and exclusion for Wednesday morning. Dayne & Brad came at 8:30 to start the work. They hauled out all the empty boxes that Mom had up in the attic, swept up rat droppings, and set some snap traps with little strings hanging down. When the strings get pulled up it means something is in the trap. Dayne & Brad were done by noon.
The strings are attached to the snap traps; when they get shorter it means there's something in the trap.
Brad is checking under the sinks for any holes that rats might use to come in to the house.

I heard from Suzanne, she and the 'ohana had all day to play before they had to catch their plane in the evening. In the meanwhile, they went to Punchbowl and the beach.
Kawaiola & Kaleo at Punchbowl with Leahi in the background. (Photo by Suzanne)
They left a lei for Mom. (Photo by Suzanne)
Posing after the 1st surfing lesson with Uncle Kaleo. L to R: Kaleo, Uncle Kaleo, & Kawaiola. (Photo by Suzanne)

I started off the day by going to breakfast with Curtis. We went to The Nook, which is nearby since I needed to be back at the house to let the rat exclusion guys in. I had the Lavender Chocolate Pancakes and Curt had the Bacon & Eggs with Sauteed Kale. I would go back for this breakfast!


Lavender Chocolate Pancakes, with Curtis' bread.
Bacon & Eggs with Sauteed Kale.

After Dayne & Brad from Terminex left, I spent some time checking out the plants. They were doing really well!
The papayas and pakalana are doing great!
Oh, oh! I better prepare a bed for the olena (turmeric) soon!
The mountain apple also needs a planting bed!

Happy Belated Birthday to Ruqqy & Eric!

No comments:

Post a Comment