Saturday, September 17, 2016

Viva Las Vegas!

Well, not really ... no car racing. But Mom is here! The discharge from the hospital took forever even though she was first on the list. We got home about 10:30, Curt was at the house about 11:15 for a quick lunch before we all headed to the airport.

And because I was rushing around, I forgot to put my phone back in my fanny pack! Of all the times that I need to have my phone to coordinate with people! I'll have to send an e-mail out to everyone we are meeting here to let them know not to call me! I will be carrying Mom's phone instead, it can send and receive text messages but not much else. So there will be no pictures on the day of, I will have to upload them from Mom's camera when we get back. It's a good thing my charger works on her phone since she has lost hers.

As soon as we arrived in Las Vegas I texted the people that Mom had numbers for: Bick, Ron, & Eileen. Bick replied that they were on a shuttle to be arriving at the California (where we are staying) soon. When we checked in, we found that Suzanne had left us a note, along with her phone number. So I texted her that we were there; she responded immediately so I called. We met up for an early morning snack (it was 1 am!), Bick and Ron met us in line just to say Hi before they headed off to bed. After eating Mom, Dad, & Curt went gambling; Lori & I returned to the rooms.

Wi-fi at the California is $9.99 per 24-hour period per device. I had to put my card on file, when I log in I enter the room number and my last name; it then notes a charge against my card. I can either pay when I check out or have it taken out of my card.

No comments:

Post a Comment