Sunday, November 27, 2016

Immovable Objects

About 10 days ago I tried to move a tool box with my toe. A metal tool box. A metal tool box full of tools. With my little toe. This is what it looks like. I don't think its broken, I think its just badly sprained. It's sore but not super sore; taping it to the rest of my foot helps relieve the pain. This is what they would do if I went to the ER. Even if it was broken.


Mom almost fell twice yesterday. Once just before dinner and a second time after I had finished posting to the blog. The first time it was because she was trying to carry something while she walked and paid more attention to what she was carrying than what she was walking across. She lost her balance when she went from the carpet to the linoleum floor. Fortunately she had her cane so it kept her from falling. Late in the evening she was walking without her cane and lost her balance. Fortunately she was in the hallway and kept herself from falling over by using the walls.

I spent much of today trying to train Mom to take her cane with her no matter where she was going in the house. And also training her to not carry anything in her free hand, just focus on walking. It has been a very trying day. Sometimes Mom is like that metal tool box.

I found out tonight on the news that there is a tool library in the city called the HNL Tool Library. Right now they loan out construction tools; wish I had known about them when I first started all the repairs around here and the building of the cat run. They plan to loan out small kitchen appliances in the future.

Tomorrow we go in to have the bandage on Mom's thumb changed. I am interested in seeing how the Medihoney treatment has helped with the healing. I will post a photo of what it looks like.

Happy Birthday to Patrick!

No comments:

Post a Comment