Tuesday, November 29, 2016

Mystery Moth

It was relatively cool this morning. How cool was it? On my way to the mailbox this morning I found a brown anole and a moth that were both sitting on the lawn looking like they were dead. I put the anole on the wall in the weak sun (it was overcast) and it revived enough after about 10 minutes to be able to run around. The black witch moth was able to fly after sitting in the sun for a while, too.
Ascalapha odorata next to dime.

I went to the Insect Identification for the Casual Observer website to figure out what the moth was. The website is organized by state. Hawai'i has 30 butterflies & moths listed; but it wasn't there. I ended up looking at the photos for state's with similar summer weather. I found it under Florida; apparently they are found in the southern tip of Florida.

I used the Palmer's Cocoa Butter Formula Firming Butter on Mom this morning. She smelled like a chocolate candy for a couple of hours! It seemed to keep the itching away longer than the previous lotions, but she still experienced some itching by the afternoon. I will give it a couple more days before I switch to the next one to see how it does.

FYI - Dr. Pham has also said to give her loratidine to ease the itching. Mom has been on that and perhaps it is doing something. But even the loratidine does not totally eliminate the itching. Mom also has a triamcinolone acetonide cream that Dr. Pham prescribed. It also takes the edge of the itching but does not stop it completely. I am hoping getting a more effective moisturizing lotion along with these 2 medications will do the trick.

Happy Birthday to Victoria & Valory!

No comments:

Post a Comment