Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Lunch With Aunty Judy

Today we met Aunty Judy at Gyotaku Restaurant in Pearl City for lunch. The food was great, but I forgot to take photos of the food. I did get some great photos of people, though.
L to R: Aunty Judy, Randi, David, Sarah (with Kaia sleeping in the black sling), & Mom. The couple on the table behind us had a 1 month old baby.
When she got up, Kaia was very cheerful.

One thing that I did take a photo of was the Okinawan sweet potato pie. The sweet potato portion was like mashed sweet potato not like pumpkin pie type puree. There was a layer of haupia on the sweet potato with a graham cracker crust.
You're lucky I got at least this much!

I was wondering if this Okinawan Haupia Mini Cheesecake at Kokua Market was the same as the pie we had at lunch. Unfortunately I forgot to buy a piece in order to check it out.

David & Randi went to Kailua to a climbing gym so they skipped dinner with us. Kaia & Dad had a fun time playing at dinner!


Just before she went to bed, Mom began to panic; she had a very fearful tone in her voice. First she "lost" her purse. She said she looked all over and could not find it; she thought she left it at the restaurant or in the car. I found it on the floor, between Dad's chair & the breakfast counter. Almost immediately Mom began to panic because she could not find Xander. She said she looked all over and could not find him so he must have gotten out of the house. I found him sleeping on one of the dining room chairs. Both times it took me only a couple of minutes to locate the lost items.

Happy Birthday to Frances, Cindy, Sandy, Joel, & Dan!

No comments:

Post a Comment