Thursday, February 9, 2017

Mom Is Pissed At Me

For the past few days I have been organizing the shelves in the closet that she uses as a pantry. Or rather, as one of her pantries. There are actually 4 places she uses as a pantry. And tonight I found brown sugar in 3 of those places. Actually, I found the other 2 earlier and thought that was it, but was surprised tonight to find a 3rd place she has been keeping brown sugar. So I am organizing her pantries & putting all the same types of things together so I don't do things like buy a box of brown sugar when there are already 3 pounds in the house. Mom seems to be upset that I am finding a lot of duplicate supplies and putting them together so I don't buy more.
Top 4 of 6 shelves; curry on bottom shelf to right.

Brown sugar is not the only thing I am finding lots of. I also found 12 boxes of curry mix, 4 pounds of Hawaiian salt, 7 bags of bean thread, & 3 boxes of cream stew mix. And if I had known she already had 2 bottles of mustard, a bottle of ketchup and a bottle of olive oil, I wouldn't have bought another bottle of each. To be fair, I did know about the boxes of curry. She had 14 boxes 3 years ago; I have been able to use up 2 boxes along with a bunch of frozen chicken she had. Still have a bunch more boxes to go. Guess I better make more curry!

Dad says the pain in his right leg is down to a 3; he didn't want any acetaminophen today. I had him do 2 reps of his daily exercises; he was glad I did not have him do the 10 reps that  the VA physical therapist said he should do. My plan is to slowly work him up to the 10 reps.

Mom is sort of remembering the incentive spirometer exercises. She knows she is supposed to keep the little blue indicator between the blue arrows for a count of 3 by sucking. But that's about it. She can't remember that she fell and broke her rib. She still can't remember that the exercises are to make her inhale deeply to prevent her from getting pneumonia.

Happy Birthday to Sara & Matteo! Happy Anniversary to Bruddah Ace & Carriann! And Happy Anniversary to Jeff & Janon!

No comments:

Post a Comment