Saturday, February 18, 2017

Mom Tries the Wii Fit

David got the Wii to work a couple days ago, we checked it out last night. Today I got Mom started on using the Wii Fit yoga program. I also completed Mom's Mii settings.
Mom following along, doing the Half Moon pose.

In hindsight, I should have chosen a different yoga position for Mom's first try. The Half Moon position stretches your sides; she said later that her left side was sore, I think that may be why bending to the right was worse than bending to the left. I will need to look for a different pose.
Mom's center of balance stats. She did better on her left side.

When we set up Mom's Mii last night we gave her a purple shirt since that's her favorite color, we made the color of her eyeglass frame red like her real frames, & we made her hair gray (the closest to white that was given). When I went to start the balance test while completing the Mii, it was interesting to note that Mom was unable to do the step up to the top of the balance board because she was afraid of falling, it is only about a 2" step up. I set up the walker around the balance board and also spotted her while she was doing the yoga exercises.
Mom's Mii.

I used the ATK gluten free mix again to make rolls to take to the potluck tonight at Curtis & Lori's house. But this time I made it the right way, with only 1 egg and 1 yolk; I used the egg white for a wash for the top of the rolls, they looked much better. They were less dense than the first batch but still not fluffy like normal rolls. Their flavor, however, was very good; we're calling them gluten free biscuits. I also made a batch of whole wheat fluffy dinner rolls.


On Valentine's Day, David started working on building a compost bin in the front yard for me. He finished it today. It looks great! It has 2 compartments so I can turn the pile in to the other side when the one side is full. I will need to get a garden fork to aid with the turning.
Compost bin in progress on 02/14.
Compost bin completed 02/17.

The next project that David will be working on is putting down weed cloth and a layer of red cinders in the planter strip in the back yard. I picked up the 19 bags of cinders that will be needed here. Ultimately 3 papayas will be planted to the right of the planting shelves.
Back planter with old weed cloth, some weeds, and other stuff.

We went to Curtis & Lori's house for dinner this evening. Kaia was a hit with the Nomuras. But Salty was less than thrilled with her when he was sleeping in his bed and she took over Pepper's cat bed.
L to R: Sarah, Mr. Nomura, Mrs. Nomura, Kaia, & Lori.

I made salmon, whole wheat rolls, & gluten free biscuits for the dinner. David & Randi made gluten free chocolate chip cookies. Everything was great!
Clockwise from upper left: kale salad, summer rolls with shrimp, banana bread, gluten free chocolate chip cookies, cheesecake bites with strawberry or mandarin orange topping, whole wheat rolls, gluten free rolls, salmon, spinach & feta cheese lasagna, sauce for summer rolls, ahi poke with limu, & poppy seed salad dressing.

Happy Birthday to David & Tami!

No comments:

Post a Comment