Wednesday, December 13, 2017

New Floor, Day 2

The floor dried very slowly last night. By 11 pm it was mainly dry except for a spot about 3' x 3'; but it was drier than it had been. I moved the fans closer to the wet area and hoped that the cats would avoid it because of the air blowing over it. And it worked!
Shiro going to check things out.
Shiro checking out the fan; he did not want to walk in front of it.

Only Ikaika came today; Joe had a medical appointment. Ikaika worked on grinding down the high spots and filling the low spots with the skim coat.
Ikaika filled in another low spot in the living room, then he moved on to the 2 other rooms.

In the morning Curtis sent me photos of the crane that came to drop off the rafters for the new addition. They have to lift them over the existing house.
(Photo by Curtis)
(Photo by Curtis)
(Photo by Curtis)

Today the cats were much better about staying in the cat run. They settled down really quickly, even Xander.
Shiro.
Chibi napping under the lowest shelf.
Xander getting with the program and taking a nap instead of trying to claw his way in.

My friend Robert also sent me some photos today of him doing his morning walk. Robert is the one that texted me a few days ago to say it was 19 degrees where he is at. I need to get back to my morning walk; I guess I shouldn't let a little rain keep me from doing my morning walk.
On his morning walk. (Selfie by Robert)
Just a little bit of snow. (Photo by Robert)

At the end of the day Curtis sent more photos of the status of the work at his house.
View from the master bedroom. (Photo by Curtis)
From the back yard. (Photo by Curtis)

Ikaika worked until about 6 pm. He had asked earlier if it would be alright if he worked later; I said it was as long as I could close the doors on the other rooms so that cats could come in earlier than 11 pm. He also had to work on the hallway so he put up a barrier made from the plywood from one of the beds, one of the living room tables, and his concrete grinder. The cats were very curious about that. It worked well but I forgot that their water is in the bathroom, which is now behind the barrier. Shiro let me know about it by jumping up to drink water in the kitchen sink. (Xander was really thirsty but he's too fat to jump up to the sink!)
Shiro & Chibi checking out the barrier that Ikaika built to keep them out of the wet areas.

After I fed Dad, I went to Feather & Fur to drop off the 3 carriers that Sam had left with me at the end of the O'ahu Seabird Aid program. She said to wait till I got back from Kohala in case there were other carriers that Hawai'i Wildlife Center sent back with me; they had none. It's a good thing Feather & Fur is open 24/7.


I waited until after Ikaika left and Dad went back to sleep to take the carriers to Feather & Fur because Dad has been much more confused about where he is and who is in the house. I think it is because he has never spent much time at this end of the house so he thinks he is somewhere else. He keeps asking me if we are in Washington. The colder weather we are having probably also has him thinking we must be somewhere else because its so much colder than what he is used to!

Happy 3rd Anniversary to Clarissa & John!

No comments:

Post a Comment