Friday, December 15, 2017

New Floor, Day 4

There was a lot of activity here today. I started out by rewashing the towels we used to soak up the water from the carpet the other night. I had already washed them once yesterday but they felt a little oily so I washed them again. The wash water was dark brown and the rinse water was just slightly lighter. So I didn't even take them out of the washer, I just washed them again. Unfortunately, I was preoccupied deleting stuff off my phone and missed both the wash and rinse water, so I decided to call it good. They felt better & looked cleaner.
This is the wash water from the 2nd washing! It looks like it was not washed at all.

City Mill delivered the toilet this morning. They never called to let me know when they were delivering it. But since A-1 Budget Plumbing said they couldn't come until Monday it didn't matter. I had Stan put it in the garage; Joe & Ikaika said they would move it in to the bathroom when they move the rest of the furniture in.
Stan from City Mill unloading the toilet.

While I was hanging the laundry I noticed that the purple sweet potatoes were blooming. I had never seen sweet potato flowers so I don't know if they always have a purple center or if the purple center is a hint that the potato itself is purple.
Yes, it looks like a morning glory, they're closely related!

Just as I was finishing off hanging the laundry I got a call from A-1 Budget Plumbing. It turns out the plumber was on his way to the house, expected to arrive within the next 15 minutes. Yesterday I was told they couldn't get to us until Monday so I told Joe he didn't need to hurry and get the molding in the bathroom done as soon as possible. Now I had to tell him to make it a real big rush! To make matters worse it started to rain. A Lot! I got soaked getting the laundry off the line. I threw everything in to the dryer and went out to the garage to wait for the plumber. And guess what, the sun started to come out! But there were still a bunch of gray clouds so I decided not to hang things out again.


A short while later Paul, the plumber from A-1, arrived. He actually drove past once, Ikaika saw him and asked me if it was A-1 that was coming. I introduced Paul to Joe and told him Joe was working on the molding; they said they would work it out. And they did. There is now a brand new antimicrobial, ADA-compliant, water-efficient toilet in Dad's bathroom. As well as a new floor.

In the meanwhile, the cats were clustered around the old parsons table under the eaves keeping away from the rain until the sun came out. Which it did and it ended up staying out for the rest of the day.
L to R on ground: Xander & Chibi; Shiro on top of the table.

Joe & Ikaika are almost done with the floor. They have finished putting down all the flooring. They have only the cove molding left, but they said the molding is the most time-consuming part of the job. Almost all the pieces are cut, they just need to be installed. They will be back tomorrow to complete the installation. Within 10 minutes after they left Xander decided to test the claim of the Engage Genesis flooring that it is pet-proof. It is.
Really, Xander? Couldn't you wait until everything was done?

As they have done every evening, the cats inspected all their work.
Shiro & Chibi checking out the equipment.

Checking out things in Dad's bedroom.

Curtis came over and cleaned Dad up; he liked the looks of the floor. Dad was feeling good so we went out to Zippy's for dinner after he was cleaned up. Dad had the hamburger steak, Curtis had his Zippy's usual (chili burrito), and I tried one of their specials of the day - Pork Adobo Fried Rice, they serve it like a loco moco with 2 eggs on top. 
Pork Adobo Fried Rice.

Happy Birthday to Linda, Stephanie, & Louis!

No comments:

Post a Comment