Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Congratulations, Mark!

Had a good first post-op check-up this morning. The surgical dressing was removed (the whitish stuff that looked like silly putty in last week's photo). Healing is going fine, the remaining sutures should dissolve in the next few days. Only have a tiny bit of swelling at the really deep pocket that Dr. Gold did a lot of work on. I have a 2nd post-op check-up in 2 weeks.

























Had my first real meal since the bone graft at lunch with my former co-workers; we met at Terracotta Red. I started with Chicken & Coconut Milk Soup, followed by the Lohan Delight. The soup was much more manageable than I anticipated, the chicken had been minced so I could handle it easily. It tastes much better than it looks; in fact, it is the best soup that I have had over the last week! The oil floating on top is from the coconut milk, which makes it nice and creamy. The minced chicken and Asian herbs and spices give it a great flavor!












The Lohan Delight did not have as much cellophane noodles and five spice tofu as I thought it would, it had a lot more lightly sauteed vegetables in large chunks. I probably should have gone more with something like the Thai Rice Noodle. The flavor was good, when I can chew on both sides of my mouth I will order it again.














We were celebrating Mark's wedding on Saturday. After lunch he was presented with a present from the group, a nice platter with a crab motif. Mark and Gina will be honeymooning on the Big Island, at "a place with black sand between Hilo and Kona". Sounds like Gina made the reservations! Congratulations, Mark!

When I called Mom to remind her to take her morning pills, she was busy talking with some people who come to the door usually asking for donations. Fortunately, these are people whom she has known for a while, so they no longer ask her for donations, they just come to talk to her to see how she's doing. My main problem is that they have an uncanny knack for showing up at meal times. Usually it is lunch or dinner, but today it was breakfast! I'm not sure why they do that, but once I move there I will be asking them to please avoid interrupting our meals.

Happy Birthday to Mary!

No comments:

Post a Comment