Thursday, April 7, 2022

What's the Hold Up?

Why am I not posting daily like I used to? There is so much else that I am doing now! Some of which can't wait; like the jaboticaba. For the last 6 days the tree has yielded an average of 6.5 pounds per day; these are cherry-sized fruit that do not easily come loose from the tree. Currently, I have a smidge over 27 pounds in the refrigerator; I have given away 12.4 pounds or about 1/3 of what has been picked. Because they do not come off easily when they are ripe there's still a lot more on the tree. I will probably be busy picking jaboticaba for another week. This weekend I will try to make jelly & jam; wish me luck!

27.1# jaboticaba!

But wait! The ʻohi'a ʻai (mountain apple) are starting to ripen! In a week, as the jaboticaba are petering out, the ʻohiʻa ʻai should be coming on strong! Auē! So don't expect to see full posts from me for a while; you will have to be content with the IASA posts until things slow down & I have a chance to go back & catch up!

Auē! It's putting out more flowers even before all the fruit are ripe!

1 comment:

  1. I had a kitty that looked like Olomea when I was a child. Sounds like quite an adventure with the jelly though finally success!

    ReplyDelete