Sunday, May 1, 2016

Anne to the Rescue!

Since Wednesday evening I have been subsisting primarily on soup due to the oral surgery. And even though some of the soups, like the creamy butternut squash, are very thick, I was still getting ravenously hungry a couple of hours after I had eaten. I looked over my food diary and found I was only getting 500 to 600 calories each day with only about 10 g of protein; about half the calories and a quarter of the protein that I should be eating. No wonder I would wake up hungry in the middle of the night!

Kai was going to buy me some egg salad last night, but was too tired. He was going to get it this morning, but had insomnia last night so was not feeling it was safe to drive. And this evening he was zonked out, so I called my friend Anne and asked her if she could get me some egg salad at QFC. Well it turns out their egg salad also has chunks of potato in it, so she went home and made me some egg salad! Love you, Anne! You are worth your weight in gold! She also brought me non-dairy chocolate pudding and chocolate cashew milk. Here's the bowl of warm egg salad that I ate as soon as she arrived.


So the plan for when I have to do this after I move in with Mom and Dad is to have a couple of boxed soups for the first 24 to 48 hours, a big batch of egg salad, non-dairy yogurt and pudding, and non-dairy milk substitutes. And I also have to remember to take the ibuprofen every 6 hours even though I might want to space it out to every 8 hours - the swelling is starting to go down. Now only about half the area Dr. Gold worked on is swollen, the rest has subsided.

Happy Birthday to Xander! He is 14 years old today! We got him from Erica, who is a friend of our friend Amelia. She had rescued him from someone who really should not have been allowed to have companion animals. Xander spent a year or so with Erica's mom who was confined to her bed; which is why he takes so well to watching Korean soap operas with Mom! Xander had enjoyed being in a single-cat household, he had a little trouble adjusting when he first moved in with us. I'm sure when he moved in with Mom and Dad he was extremely happy since he was the only cat and had 2 humans to wait on him! (Including one who could not remember whether he had been fed!) After 18 months, his little paradise was upset when Chibi showed up last summer, then The Boys arrived at Thanksgiving.
On top of the freezer near the bird-viewing spot, 2007

Checking out the white stuff with Shiro, 2007


In the small cat tree, looking out the back door, 2011


Cleaning Momo's head, 2011
At the top of the cat tree, 2013


New sleeping spot in Hawai'i, 2014






















Oh, no! Where did she come from? 2015
What's that trouble maker Momo doing here? 2015

No comments:

Post a Comment