Sunday, June 26, 2016

Valet Parking ... at the Humane Society?

Today Mom and Dad and Curt left for Las Vegas. Their usual routine is to leave about 2 pm on Sunday and return around 12:30 pm on Friday. Since my nephew needed to go to work in Waikiki, my sister-in-law Lori drove him and Curt in to town, then she took them to the airport. Lori usually picks them up since she works close to the airport, but since I am now here, I will pick them up on Friday.

I went to check for Momo again today. And it was really busy at the humane society. So busy that they had valet parking! The humane society is the last place I would expect to have valet parking but they have a very small lot in a location where on street parking is not an option. (It's sandwiched between the freeway and a very busy, narrow thoroughfare.) No luck in finding Momo, but the volunteer said they have had cats found 3 years after they were lost. I will definitely be checking for as long as Shiro is going to the door and calling for his brother.


While I was searching for supplies that we brought home last night I found a brand new rice cooker that Mom had in one of her pantry cupboards! Guess she forgot that she had another one since she gave me money to buy a new one that is on sale at Don Quijote. (Longs also has one on sale.)

I also did a load of laundry today. And discovered that the dryer has a problem. When you open the door it should automatically stop as a safety feature. Mom's doesn't. I think she has an extended warranty on it (she does for all the appliances she purchased from Sears and I think this is one of them). I will have to call tomorrow about it.
Looks kinda like an abstract painting!
Last night Lori had a giant cookie as part of the dessert.


Happy Birthday to Valerie and Mariah!

No comments:

Post a Comment