Monday, January 30, 2017

ATK Gluten-Free Blend

Last night I made a batch of the America's Test Kitchen gluten-free flour blend. I haven't tried to make anything with it yet, I'll probably do that on Thursday evening with a batch of fluffy dinner rolls so that I can share some with Aunty Judy when she comes over on Friday.


I have a working phone again! I went to the Verizon store this afternoon and Tekoa helped me out. I told her what had happened and she said the only way for my phone to be functional again was to do a factory reset. She told me since I had 4 more backup PIN tries to try the other possible PINs until I had none, then she would do the factory reset. Amazingly, the very next number combo I tried unlocked it! So the phone is back up and running without having to go through a factory reset. And now I know my backup PIN! Bonus! Note to others with Verizon: Tekoa said that the profile section that you can get to in the MyVerizon website that allows you to enter a PIN is for the MyVerizon log in, NOT for the phone itself.

Ever since before Christmas, Mom has been saying she needed to wash her hair. But ever since then she has not been able to do it. First it was the dizziness and then after we did the exercises that Dr. Pham suggested and the dizziness went away, it was the "cold" weather. On Friday I got her to agree that if she did not wash her hair by the end of Sunday she would allow me to take her to get her hair washed. I had contacted Shaun earlier and he said he would be working from 11 to 7 at Supercuts. So after her blood draw this morning, we headed to Supercuts. (She had no choice since I was driving.)  And she was very, Very, VERY upset with me. But after Shaun got started she loved it! (I was pretty sure that would happen.) In fact, as Shaun was drying her hair she decided she wanted to come back in 2 weeks and get a haircut along with a shampoo! On the drive back home we talked about other options that were now opening up for her. (Sorry no photos, the phone was still locked up. But I'll get photos on the next trip.)

We called Aunty Florence today when we got back so that Mom could talk to Aunty Daisy. Aunty Daisy, Scott, & Wakana arrived in Seattle yesterday. She will be staying with Aunty Florence for a couple of days while Scott & Mark get her belongings arranged in her new studio apartment at an assisted living residence. Aunty Judy will be visiting with them in a couple of weeks. If Mom's doctor visit on Wednesday goes well, we will make arrangements to got for about a week after Sarah, Kaia, David, & Randi's visit in mid-February.

The weather is a little "cold" tonight. For Mom. She's all bundled up, 2 shirts, a vest, leggings with fuzzy socks, lying under the covers with her heating pad. And 2 cats.
Mom's fuzzy socks from Lori.

Happy Birthday to Jennie, Kevin, & Julie! Happy Belated Birthday to John, Maggie, & Kathy!

No comments:

Post a Comment