Tuesday, July 19, 2022

No Repair on Laptop

This post is being composed on my phone. There will be no photos. I went to the Apple store this morning, they confirmed Kai's diagnosis-via-crappy-phone-photo that the laptop screen was going bad. When I asked if they could repair it by next Monday when I leave, Bill the tech said, "That is very likely not going to happen." He did tell me that Mac Made Easy has a repair place in Hilo! He also got me their contact info and hours. I dropped by Harold's office & dropped off a check to start "Kai's House Fund" so when the market is better for buyers we can take another look at finding a house for him. I also dropped off a jar of calamansi marmalade. Then I went to McKinley Car Wash & got the Full Package plus all the add ons. I like to leave the RAV4 looking better than when I got here. This time it looks like no one used it since I was last here in May. I met Joe for lunch. We talked about his upcoming visit in August. He was wondering if the damage from Darby was going to close some of the places he wanted to see. Based on what I have seen in the news I told him I didn't think it would. I got home & was getting ready for the oli class with Kumu 'Ohu this evening when I got an alert from Aloha Safe saying I am a Close Contact of someone who has tested positive. Aue! The exposure was on the 17th or 18th, I'm guessing it was more likely on the plane or in the airport on the 17th. I was only near 2 people on 18th and I think they would have notified me directly. I cancelled my lunch plans with Tricia tomorrow since I will be putting myself in quarantine for the next couple of days. I will test on Thursday to see what my status is. ☹️ Just "previewed" this post & see it is not including paragraph breaks. I guess I'll have to fix all of this when the laptop is fixed. Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Susie, Leanna, & Seyda!

No comments:

Post a Comment