Sunday, October 16, 2022

Travel Day

This morning Laurel gave me a ride to the airport; cataract surgery is tomorrow in Honolulu. On the way to the airport I got a phone call from Kai, which was surprising. I was expecting him to still be on the plane to meet me in Honolulu. Not. He got his departure times mixed up & arrived about 6 hours too late. There was no one at the Hawaiian Airlines counter since the last flight for the day had left ... 6 hours earlier. He wanted to know what to do; I told him to stay there, I would make arrangements when I got to the Kona airport.

This is the plane I was on today.
This was the 1st endangered bird Terri & I saw in April.

As I was checking in for my flight, I asked about rescheduling Kai's flight. The counter person said that he had to rebook himself at the airport. When I told her there were no reps at the Hawaiian Airlines counter she said to have him talk to anyone with a Hawaiian Airlines uniform on & they could help him rebook his flight. When I called Kai he was sitting in the Delta Airline baggage claim area, it was the closest place with seating. I told him to ask the Delta folks where the Hawaiian Airlines baggage claim office was, go there, & ask them to help him rebook a flight. 

After I got to Honolulu, Kai called. He was unable to book a flight with any carrier for today; all planes from Sea-Tac to Honolulu had already left. Except one. But he would have to fly to Boston & transfer to a flight to Honolulu that would arrive later than the flight he did schedule & at a much higher cost. He is now rescheduled for the same flight as the one today on Hawaiian for tomorrow morning. At an additional $300! Auē! He is scheduled to get in about an hour after I have to check in for surgery so Curtis will have to take me to the clinic; Kai will pick me up when I am done.

The morning started out a little overcast but not drizzling or raining. Paiʻipaʻi & ʻAlani were sitting in the bathroom window & watched me as I was waking up.

L to R: Paʻipaʻi & ʻAlani.

Trudy will be taking care of the kittens again. All except ʻŌhuna got quite chummy with her back in September; I expect they will continue to be comfortable around her. 

L to R: Paʻipaʻi, Hoʻokoa, & ʻŌhuna.
This has become a favorite perch for all of them. L to R: ʻŌhuna & Paʻipaʻi.
She is still not totally comfortable with people.

My suitcase was not overweight! It did not seem to be as heavy when I was hauling it around this morning; but then I was not expecting to do a bunch of visiting since the main reason for this trip is the cataract surgery. Though I am hoping to see Tricia again, hopefully she has been able to finish moving to her new place.

Wow! I wonder what I forgot to pack?

When I got to Honolulu I had to use the bathroom before I went to baggage claim. The set up in the bathroom has the hand dryer incorporated in to the sink/counter area. It also has an interesting feature to trigger it to turn off. The hand dryer projects the word "DRY" on to your hands. I think when it detects the difference in the light refracting off the water as it dries it determines when there is no longer any moisture on your hands & shuts off. Or at least that's what it seemed to be doing. Yes, I was rewetting my hands & watching how it reacted.


When I arrived at the house, I found that The Roommates had some Halloween decorations set up in the living room. It was somewhat cat-themed.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e David!

No comments:

Post a Comment