Saturday, October 12, 2024

Still Doing Good on LPG

I last filled the propane tank up in January 2023 or about 20 months ago so I checked it today & was pleasantly surprised by how much gas there was. But I probably shouldn't be so surprised; I had a demand water heater installed before I moved in so that water would only be heated when it was being used. Unlike the old heater which heated water for the 50 weeks of the year that no one was here as well as the 2 weeks when we would come for Obon. Both the heater & the stove also have piezoelectric starters so there are no pilot lights constantly burning gas while waiting for either one to be turned on.

On December 23, 2022.
Getting ready for a refill on January 28, 2023.

Today the 200-gallon tank was at about 45%. At the current rate, I could probably go for nearly another year before I need to refill the tank! I think I will check at the change of each season to see where its at. I'm calling this one the Fall Equinox check.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Kathy & Griffin!

No comments:

Post a Comment