Tuesday, March 29, 2016

Running the TSA Gauntlet

I think today was the longest time I spent waiting in line to be done with something. I don't know if it is in response to the bombing in Brussels or it was just a bad day at TSA. Aunty Florence and I spent over 30 minutes and made over 102 steps to get through this mess at the airport. (I didn't start the timer or the step counter until we had gone through the first section of the screening line.)


Once on the plane we got to watch the progress of our flight on the interactive map.


We thought that we would get lunch but we got breakfast instead. The breakfast sandwich was fairly good; it was a round scrambled egg with bits of red and green pepper, and onion. With a Honolulu Cookie Company cookie for dessert! Hawaiian Airlines is the last major airlines to serve a complimentary meal on a flight. 


While discussing various people from the past, they asked me if I knew a particular person. I said I did and there were photos of him. When I found the album with his photo it started Mom and Aunty Florence talking about all the other photos in the album.






I think perhaps I should have moved back about a month ago. I found several disturbing changes. Moldy food in the refrigerator, dead night light fixture in the bathroom with no light bulb, no evidence of vacuuming recently, very dirty outdoor litter box, 4 very dead black bananas and 7 very speckled bananas, piles of mail and newspapers, and more. I shall have to make sure I am back by May 31st at the latest.

Happy Birthday to Jim and Leigh!

No comments:

Post a Comment