Friday, December 2, 2016

Books! Books! Books! Books! Books!

I helped Ron take the Bronco to Dad's mechanic this morning. We are getting an oil change, tune-up, changing the solenoid and starter, replacing the left rear brake cylinder, & having Blake do a general check-up. Ron is buying the Bronco from Dad and shipping it back to Washington. After we dropped it off we went to pick up Mom's cookbook order at Mutual Publishing, all 6 of them. While there I discovered they were having a clearance sale. (The books on their home page are the ones Mom bought.)
One of four clearance bookshelves.

I am a sucker for books. Especially Hawaiiana and plants. I bought 11 books, I only looked at one bookshelf; there were at least 3 more. The good news, which is also the bad news, is that it cost me $53 for them (average $4.82 each).


We had a treat today. Since I was going to help Ron take the Bronco up to Dad's mechanic, and Mom is needing more close supervision, Aunty Judy came over to stay with Mom while I was gone. And cousin Jane came over and made lunch for us; all of us. It was like a mini-family reunion! Sorry, no photos of lunch.
Mom & Jane.

After lunch, I took Ron to the grocery store (Don Quijote); he & his friend Kamal are staying at a friend's vacation condo in Waikiki. On the way to Don Quijote we stopped at the humane society to check for Momo. He wasn't there but I made my donation as usual. But this time Chris said for each donation they were having the donor sign an ornament and hang it on the tree in the lobby; he said they were having a friendly competition with the adoptions crew. I asked for a cat-shaped ornament and he found an orange one! They let me write Momo's name on it instead of my name. If you would like to make a donation to the Hawaiian Humane Society, click here. (You can even make a donation in honor of Momo!)


Mom has been doing better with the new lotions. Her skin is not as itchy as it was earlier, she is scratching less. I am having to retrain her on how much lotion she should be using, she thinks I am putting too much on her but her skin is so much better since I have been doling out the lotion.

Happy Birthday to Stan & Roy! Happy Belated Birthday to Paul!

No comments:

Post a Comment