Monday, May 1, 2017

Happy Birthday, Xander!

Today is Xander's 15th birthday. Which would translate in to 76 human years. He was totally unphased by turning 15 (or 76). Using the Cat Age to Human Age Chart, Shiro would be 80 in human years and Chibi would be 56. Our cat Fuji would have been the equivalent of about 103 when she died.


Around 5 this morning I was awakened by the sound of something hitting a wall. As I walked out of my bedroom door I noticed that the lights in Dad's bedroom were on and he was not in bed. I turned to look down the hallway towards the kitchen and saw him lying in the living room. He said as he had come in to the living room from the dining room he tripped on the edge of the carpet and fell. He thinks he had been laying there for about an hour.

I got him off the floor and in to the wheelchair again. I gave him breakfast again (it was too early for me to feel like eating). And listened to it start to rain again. Almost the same as yesterday. After breakfast Dad went back to sleep until it was time for lunch. I went back to sleep also.

Fortunately Dad had a doctor's appointment after lunch, so Dr. Nakano checked him out to make sure he didn't hurt himself with the falls; he was fine except for a scraped knee & bruised okole. Dr. Nakano will be sending both an occupational therapist and physical therapist to the house. The occupational therapist will check out the house to see if there might be other things we could do, besides replacing the old carpet which is the top priority. The physical therapist will work with Dad to increase the strength in his legs.


I checked out the strawberries in the good weather this morning. I moved the whole unit further west about 4" so that water draining out of the gutter planter will drip in to the planting area where the catnip will be planted. Then when the drip system goes on, the excess will water the catnip! (If it doesn't provide enough water to the catnip I will place a dripper in the catnip.)
April 28th.
May 1st.

I also noticed that I missed a few blossoms. They were apparently on plants which had more than 1 flower stalk, I got the larger stalk and missed the smaller one. I decided to leave them, they're only on 3 of the 8 plants.


Happy Lei Day! In Hawai'i, May 1st is celebrated as Lei Day. Aunty Jeannie and her sister Carolyn went to the festivities at Kapi'olani Park. They had invited me to go and I was going to, but then I remembered that Dad had a doctor's appointment today. I'm glad I didn't try to squeeze it in earlier in the day since Dad had fallen in the morning. Hopefully I can go to the Lei Day celebration next year.

Happy Birthday also to Fred & Shoji! And Happy 6th Anniversary to Noel & Cheryl! Happy May Day, Law Day, Loyalty Day, Chocolate Parfait Day, Mother Goose Day, Silver Star Service Banner Day, Melanoma Monday, and School Principals' Day! To find out about the 29 monthly observations in May click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment