Wednesday, May 3, 2017

Happy Birthday, Aunty Judy!

I took Aunty Judy to lunch today for her birthday. I took her to the Gyotaku Restaurant in Pearl City; Gyotaku is her favorite restaurant. Aunty Judy had the senior lunch with misoyaki butterfish. I had the Gyotaku Combo 2 with misoyaki salmon & tempura. But I was too hungry and forgot to get photos. Again. I had also taken the leftover parts of my drip irrigation system over to Aunty Judy's house so she could see what the system looked like. We walked around her house to find out the best source of water for the potted plants that she needs to water. She's going to take some measurements and figure out exactly what she wants to do. I'll go over and help her install it when she is ready.

On the way back from Aunty Judy's house I stopped at Kaiser Moanalua to pick up another case of Boost Compact for Dad. When I pulled in to the parking lot it said there were only 59 spaces left so I resigned myself to parking on the lowest level (5). On the way there, however, I found a really great spot. It was right near the elevator, had a column on one side, & an open area on the other. The down side was that it was on Level 4 so it did take a while to get there. On the way to the cafeteria I looked for the cats but didn't see any.


Last night I talked to Dr. Nakano, Dad's primary care physician (PCP); she called because his blood test results were back. Dad's potassium and Vitamin D levels were low so she decided to prescribe some supplements for him. She said low levels of these could make his muscles weaker so it could have contributed to his falls on Sunday & Monday. I picked the prescriptions up today at Kaiser Honolulu after I got the Boost Compact; he started taking them at dinner. In about 10 days I take Dad in for another blood test to check his potassium level. After 8 weeks he has another blood test to check his Vitamin D level.
Top: 2 potassium 10 mEq, bottom: Vitamin D2 50,000 IU.

I also went to Petco to get more cat litter. While there I picked up a couple of other things including a ball. Last night Shiro tried to play with one of the tennis balls on the foot of Dad's walker and pulled it over; its a good thing he's fast, the walker just narrowly missed him when it hit the floor. Both Shiro & Chibi had a great time with the new toy.
They're still moving so fast the camera on the phone has a hard time getting a good shot.

This morning I took more of the flowers from Mom's service out to the compost pile. As I was raking up the mango leaves I noticed several small pomelos about the size of golf balls on the lawn. It looked like fruit drop like my apple trees would go through in the late spring. So I looked up ... and saw a bunch of green pomelos. Looks like another good pomelo crop on its way! I'll have to find more ways to use pomelos.


Happy Birthday also to Mary Ellen, Aletha, and Mary D! Happy SAN Architect Day, Textiles Day, Chocolate Custard Day, Garden Meditation Day, Lumpy Rug Day, Paranormal Day, Raspberry Popover Day, Specially-Abled Pets Day, and Two Differently Colored Shoes Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment