Friday, May 12, 2017

No More Leaks

The plumber fixed the leaky outdoor faucets. Instead of removing the handle & the packing nut and replacing the packing, the plumber replaced the entire hose bib. Which is actually a good idea since the bibs are more than 45 years old; he also replaced the one that wasn't leaking. The new hose bibs direct the flow of water away rather than down, so the y-valve, and the attached timer, stick out more than they did before.


I readjusted all the y-valves so that the timers didn't stick out as much. Even though I readjusted the bib that the drip irrigation system is attached to it still sticks out more than the old one.
 
So here's my next project: lengthening the irrigation line. I have decided to add a dripper for the catnip plant. Since I will need to cut the line to install the dripper I can add more line. I am also going to add a line to the cat's water dish so that it will get filled every time the system turns on.
The plan is to add a dripper to the water dish on the left.

Before breakfast this morning, I weeded the planting area for the papaya in the front yard. Then I put down weed cloth and red cinders; I need 2 more bags of cinders to finish the job. The little plant in the foreground that I thought was a squash might actually be a bitter melon (Momordica charantia), which Mom grew at one time. I'll have to watch it and see what it turns out to be.

After breakfast I took Dad to Kaiser for his blood test. Dr. Nakano had his electrolytes tested again. The results came back before dinner and his potassium levels went up! The 4 days of potassium supplements along with a daily banana did the trick! In about 2 months he will go in for a blood test for the Vitamin D, we'll see if that goes up, too.

Today is National Fibromyalgia Awareness Day. I have fibromyalgia, it took about 3 months to be properly diagnosed. My trigger is cold, so things have been a lot better here.

Happy Birthday to Darla & Victor! Happy Limerick Day, Nutty Fudge Day, Odometer Day, Military Spouse Appreciation Day, and Provider Appreciation Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment