Sunday, June 25, 2017

No Bul

...bul. That's right, no bulbul. Another one tried to get at the strawberries again today. That's 3 times in 3 days. So I was ready to get a photo when it happened.
I clicked. But wait! Where's the bulbul? They're too fast!

Curtis & Lori got on the boat to Alaska this afternoon. They will be out of phone contact until Tuesday.
The Norwegian Pearl. (Photo by Curtis)
Boarding the Norwegian Pearl. (Photo by Curtis)

I talked to Kai this morning. He had asked me to see if there were any special events going on for the few days he was going to be on O'ahu; he's coming to Honolulu so we can replace Mom's name with his on the account for the Kohala house. I called to let him know I couldn't find any special events at the Pacific Aviation Museum, Pearl Harbor, Waikiki Aquarium, Honolulu Zoo, or Foster Botanical Garden. He asked me if he could go to see Doris Duke's Shangri La while he's in Honolulu; there are tickets available for 3 of the 4 days he'll be here. He wants to go to the morning tour since there is walking involved and he doesn't like the heat. I need to talk to Jane and Aunty Judy to see when we'll be getting together with them for lunch before I reserve the tickets for Shangri La.

Two hours later Kai IM'ed me. Looks like he won't be able to go to Shangri La. In fact, it looks like he won't be making it to Honolulu. For a short period it looked like he wouldn't be coming to Hawai'i at all. Apparently his dad and stepmom are going to Wisconsin during the same period as Kai was going to be here for Obon; they assumed he would be there to take care of all the animals while they were gone and found out otherwise when he let them know he needed to be in Seattle the night before his flight. I'll find out more tomorrow about whether he will really be able to be here at all.

Apparently Kai's dad forgot when the Obon was happening and when Kai was going to be gone; now he's stuck between a rock and his wife. After being around Mom and seeing how she was over the last few years, Kai is concerned that his dad has early-onset dementia. I told him it also might be just a lot of stress. I told him how to get to the St. Louis University Mental Status test on-line so he can check out what types of things people with dementia would have trouble with.

Happy Birthday to Felipe, Ellen, & Susan!

No comments:

Post a Comment