Saturday, January 22, 2022

Nashi Proothie

Today is a Feast Day! So I made a nashi proothie with the nashi that The Most Excellent Cook left with us. It's so big I only used 1/4 of it & it was great! If none of Roommates eats it over the next couple of days I will freeze it for later proothies.


I did more paperwork today. I also spent a little time going over my financial stuff. I was finalizing my year-end spreadsheet for 2021. And I discovered a couple little wrinkles that I need to straighten out here on Oʻahu; one is figuring out why the direct deposit from the annuity that Mom set up for the Kohala house is continuing to go to the old bank account instead of the new credit union account. I turned in the paperwork a year ago; I guess I should have checked a couple months after I made the change instead of assuming everything would work. 

I also need to switch the automatic payments for the gas & water to come out of the credit union account. Obviously that would need to be done  before I close the old bank account. I want to set things up so that if I decide to go on an extended travel trip all the utilities will be taken care of. This worked well for Mom when she started having trouble remembering things; I am hoping it works well for me, too! (The electric bill is already coming out of the credit union account. I had to update all the paperwork when I had the solar panels installed so I changed the payment over at that time. Obviously it is not a lot; I only need to pay the $25 minimum billing & the $1.25 Green Infrastructure fee.) 

Once I get those straightened out I will be able to close the old bank account. The other thing I need to do with the credit union account is set up a series of automatic transfers like I did for one of Dad's accounts; there had been no transactions on his account for so long it was about to go dormant. So I set it up for $10 to be transferred each month from the checking account to the savings account to keep it active until I close it later this month. With the Kohala house account I will do a similar thing, but since I need to set it up for a much longer period of time I am thinking I will have $10 transferred each month from checking to savings & about 2 weeks later have $10 transferred from savings to checking; then I won't have to check in to make sure there is enough money to keep the transfers working. (I am pretty sure the flag that an account is dormant is done automatically based on a certain number of months that there is no activity on an account, rather than by a real person checking to see what's happening with deposits, withdrawals, & transfers.)

For Dad's accounts, there is 1 credit union account & 2 bank accounts that need to be closed. After the investment funds are transferred to those accounts & the funds are disbursed to the beneficiaries, I will close 2 of the accounts. The 3rd will be left open for another year to take care of any other outstanding debts associated with Dad's estate before it is closed.  

This morning Keala was hanging out on the Cat Genie. She was sitting on top of it like a gargoyle. I'm not sure if she was trying to scare the other cats away or if she just liked being on a slightly higher perch.


I skipped lunch & went straight to dinner; I tried some the frozen Annie Chun organic potstickers. The whole bag of 11 pot stickers was considered 1 serving; I think that was too much, it should have just been half of that. But no matter, I did not like the flavor so I will not be buying them again; they were rather bland. I could not taste any shiitake at all. 


The Kīlauea volcano eruption is still active; there was a different hot spot in the morning than there was later in the day. Mauna Kea summit still has quite a bit of snow but it is melting off.

At 8:02 a.m.
At 4:43 p.m.
At 8:02 a.m.
At 4:43 p.m.
At 8:02 a.m.
At 4:43 p.m.

The Aix weather app forecast rain during the day in Honolulu becoming drizzles after dark; it was actually pretty dry all day. For Kapaʻau, Aix forecast rain all day becoming heavier as evening approached; Big Island Now forecast partly sunny with scattered showers & a 50% chance of rain. The Honomū weather station recorded no precipitation for the day. For Marysville, Aix forecast partly cloudy skies all day; the traffic cams showed fog in the morning.

At 8:02 a.m.
At 8:03 a.m.
At 8:03 a.m.
At 8:42 a.m. HST.
At 4:43 p.m.
At 4:44 p.m.
At 4:44 p.m.
At 4:45 p.m. HST.

The height of the surf on the north & west facing shores was decreasing though still in the High Surf Warning range. 

Laniākea (N) at 7:59 a.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 7:58 a.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 8:01 a.m.
Banyans (W) at 8:01 a.m.
Laniākea (N) at 4:41 p.m.
Hilo Bay (E) at 4:39 p.m.
Waikīkī (S) at 4:42 p.m.
Banyans (W) at 4:39 p.m. I love this sky!

There were 3955 new cases of COVID-19 reported today, bring the total known cases up to 199,106. There were 5 new deaths reported raising the number of fatalities to 1142; currently there are 58,128 cases considered active. The 7-day new case average for the State is 4413; the 7-day new case average for Oʻahu is 3023.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Jesse!

No comments:

Post a Comment