Thursday, September 7, 2023

Maui Recovery Resources

A new website recently came online to help the victims of the Maui wildfires. It is called MauiRecovers.org. A lot of information for survivors has been gathered in one place; it includes information on the recovery phases, how to get financial assistance, safety of water resources, which areas are safe to re-enter & what you should do to keep safe when you return to your property, the fire debris removal process & how to get assistance. My favorite part is the maps & data section. 

This detail shows the only zones in Lāhainā currently safe to re-enter.

For some reason, I was very tired today. I did not stay up too late last night. Or do a lot of physical activity to make me more tired than usual. I did get up about an hour earlier than usual. But that should not have made me so tired by mid-day that I needed a nap, which lasted until just before dinner! Auē! Is this what getting older is about?

There was a list on Hawaii News Now this morning about best places for plate lunches on Oʻahu. I've only had lunch from Waiahole Poi Factory, several times; it deserves a place on this list! I've had breakfast at Diamond Head Market & Grill but not lunch; it did look like it had a great lunch selection. I will have to try these out on my next visits to Oʻahu. 


Another thing I noticed about Wordle is that you can repeat letters. Several of the other word search games I play do not allow the use of a letter more than once. Of course, this does make it more challenging to figure out the word since there are no hints that a letter is used more than once. Or if there is, I have not figured it out.


What is going on with people! A woman was shot with an arrow yesterday at Hapuna Beach Park; that is on the opposite side of the road from where Dane's office is at State Parks maintenance department. The attacker is still on the loose.


This headline got me interested in trying their ice cream called Not Fried Chicken, after the Listeria contamination is cleared. At first I thought someone at the FDA needed to go back to English class, but it turns out Life Raft Treats really does have an ice cream flavor called Not Fried Chicken!


Hurricane Jova was a Category 5 hurricane this morning with sustained winds of 155 mph.  The forecast is for it to become weaker as it heads northwesterly, crossing over cooler waters; in fact it decreased to a Category 3 over the course of the day with sustained winds at about 125 mph later in the evening. Currently it is about 2300 miles to the east of us & moving west-northwestward at about 17 mph.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Leno, Charlene, & Grey!

No comments:

Post a Comment