Saturday, September 2, 2023

Wordle

I started doing Wordle puzzles a couple weeks ago. I had tried it once a couple months ago & was not impressed. Decided to give it another try. I still like crossword puzzles more since they make me think a lot more, but Wordle puzzles combine knowledge of words with logic in figuring out which letters to choose & what order to put them in to make a word. In 6 tries. I figure they might help exercise my brain a little more. 

This was today's word.
I think this was the word from August 30th. I don't do them daily.
 

The Roomba had a software upgrade a couple weeks ago. Previously it just showed the map of where it cleaned & where the high dirt areas were. Now it also provides information on how many square feet of area it vacuumed, the number of "Dirt Events" encountered, & how long it took to complete vacuuming the area. I am not sure how it defines "Dirt Event" since the map shows 7 high dirt areas.

Light green = area cleaned, dark green squares = dirty areas.


Since I fumigated the house in early June, I have been finding more large cockroaches in the outdoor shower than I did before. I used to find them about once a month, now it is more like about once a week. I think it is because the large centipedes. which prey on the roaches, were also killed by the fumigation & they don't multiply as fast as the roaches or grow as quickly. Tonight there were 2 roaches in the shower! Auē! I swatted them & left them in the corner where the ants were already working on something else they found. I can't wait for the centipedes to get back up to their usual numbers; I'd rather have centipedes than roaches.


There are no systems in the Central Pacific basin that are forming, but in the Eastern Pacific basin there is one south of Mexico that is forecast to have a 90% chance of forming a tropical depression in 7 days. It is forecast to move westward to west-northwestward which could put it on a path towards us. Stay tuned!


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Dean, Sandra, & Steve!

No comments:

Post a Comment