Sunday, September 3, 2023

Mind ... Blown ... 🤯

Last night I clicked on the "Stats" button for the blog to turn off the tracking for my views when I am previewing & editing posts. (Not sure if I really need to do that but I don't want to inadvertently increase the number of views Google is recording for this blog.) As I was scrolling down to the place to do that I noticed that there were a bunch of views ... like a whole lot more than I am used to seeing.

Over 2000 views yesterday!

I think it is probably posts about the fires on August 8th that are the cause of the increased posts. The stats for the previous week show a high level throughout that week. When you examine the past month, posts begin to rise about 2 weeks after the fires & remains higher than normal. (Not sure what was going on in June that caused a spike.) The trend of a big spike in August holds when the statistics are examined for the year as well as the life of the blog. (I think the spike in January 2020 was due to my posts about COVID-19.)

Posts for previous 7 days.
Posts for previous 30 days.
Posts for previous year.
Posts for all time.

The section on views of all posts with the highest number of views did not include any posts with information about either the Hawaiʻi Island or Maui fires. I thought that just might be because not enough people have clicked on the specific posts; the top one has 783 views. The list also only shows the top 20 posts; the lowest one had 70 views. So I checked the section showing views of posts for the last month & 6 of the 7 posts about the fires were in the top 10. In the section showing views of posts over the last 3 months, all 7 posts about the fires are in the top 10. I am pretty sure these views are not just from friends & family; I think when people search for "Maui fire" or "Hawaiʻi fire" some of the posts are showing up. Then they read other posts.

Ranking for the entire time of the blog.
Views from last month.

I took an at-home COVID-19 test this morning; its negative. Since my test kits are all going to expire in late October, I decided to test myself weekly until I am done with the kits. Also the latest COVID-19 variant EG.5 is apparently more transmissible & acts like a common cold so could fly under the radar. Both of these characteristics are within the normal evolution of a disease organism; if they could think enough to develop a plan it would be to spread faster & not kill the host so it can continue to spread.


As I mentioned yesterday, the update for the Roomba software now shows how long it runs to clean a particular area. Based on the information provided today, I don't think it's accurate. It said it took the Roomba only 6 minutes to clean the bathroom & had only 2 "dirt events". I am sure I heard it running for more like 15 minutes. And I think the whole thing should be listed as 1 big "dirt event"!


The weather here this morning was looking very good when I woke up. It continued to be good throughout the day.

Twenty-two minutes after sunrise.

But the weather system in the East Pacific basin now has a 60% chance of developing in to a tropical depression over the next 48 hours. It is moving west to west-northwestward at about 10 mph.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Sophia, Ian, & Darien!

No comments:

Post a Comment