Wednesday, February 28, 2024

Day Off from the Park

Since the chief had declared the fire extinguished & Luisa had decided not to open the park until tomorrow, I did not go to Lapakahi today; I let Dane handle things. After all, I am usually there only 2 half days a week (= 8 hours) & I had already put in 19 hours! Instead I chose to work around the yard. Specifically, mulching the avocado with some of the wood chips from the recent tree trimming work I had done.

Mulched a 3' radius around the avocado. Mulch pile visible at left.
There are a lot of flowers & buds. I hope I get some fruit this year!

I also worked on cleaning weeds out of the white camellia at the front of the house. I did a little under the kokutan as well. Those areas were mulched, too.

North side of white camellia weeded & mulched.
West side of white camellia weeded & mulched.

Ultimately I would like to clean out the weeds all around the kokutan. Then on the south side of the kokutan I would like to move a clump of iris over to that spot. And clean out the weeds in the mondo grass by the ramp & mulch the planting bed under the bedroom windows in preparation for the red & pink ginger. Then there is the back yard ...

Kokutan on right needs weeding & mulching. And a bonsai-style trim.
Area on right outlined by bricks needs weeding & mulching so iris can be moved here.
Mondo grass needs weeding.
This used to be a nice stand of heliconia but the pigs dug it up before I moved in permanently.

That pretty much used up the energy I had for today. I spent the remainder of the day relaxing.

Hauʻoli lā Hānau e Peggy, Ann, Roger, Winnie, Vickie, David, & Shawn!

No comments:

Post a Comment