Thursday, February 8, 2024

IASA 2.0

I have decided to change the numbering for the IASA posts. As he was taking me to the airport for the permanent move to Kohala, Curtis asked me to send him a weekly text to let him know I Am Still Alive. I told him texts were boring, I would send him a photo of something significant that happened the previous week. 

So I started sending him a text & photo each week with a consecutive number. Which sounds fine on the surface. But I did the math. If I live as long as my mother, I will end up sending him over 1,100 texts! So I have revised the numbering system. I arrived on February 11, 2022, so I thought this was a good time to revise the numbering system. From tomorrow, the numbering will include the year & the week. So tomorrow's post will be IASA #3-1, denoting the 1st week of Year 3 of my permanent move. Then it won't be unwieldy ... unlike my checks from my credit union in Washington, the next one is #10968. No really, it is; I've had that account for over 30 years.


Please enjoy this random photo of the wood chip pile generated by Josh & Isaiah today when they came to trim the trees & remove more of the panax hedge. The chips will be used as mulch around the trees & shrubs so that Emily can more easily keep the grass under control with her riding mower & not have to use her weed whacker as much.


Hauʻoli lā Hānau e David & Roxy!

No comments:

Post a Comment