Sunday, March 19, 2017

What's in the Garden?

I checked out the automatic timer I put on the back yard faucet. The timer was working well, but the faucet itself has a leak right at the handle. I looked it up on Google, it will take a bit of work to stop the leak; I might call someone to fix it, but I think I will test out all the other faucets before I do that. I want to set up an automatic system for the back yard since that is where the garden is. I want to make sure the lettuce and papayas, as well as the orange tree, get regular watering. The lettuce is looking really good.
Lettuce in the left hand planter are from seed, planted at different times; the right hand ones are from starts.

Brent & Shaun came by to visit with Mom about lunch time. I was really surprised that Mom remembered that Shaun is the one who washes her hair, especially since we have only been able to do it twice. We were also going to have him trim her hair but she was in the hospital the week that was supposed to have happened. Shaun must have made a good impression on Mom! Brent & Shaun will be making dinner for us next Sunday when Kai & David are here.

Aunty Florence and Tomiko arrived around 2 pm. They brought some food and were very hungry so we had an early dinner, about 4 pm, which was 7 pm for them. Mom actually ate more than she has been, which is good. As we were in the middle of dinner, Curtis, Lori, & Lori's parents dropped in. As always, Lori had presents for the visitors! (Plus one for Kai who will be arriving on Tuesday.)

Mom really enjoyed having all the visitors here. As I was wheeling her back to her room she asked me why I was doing that. I told her because she was in the way of cleaning everything up (which she was). I also told her I could tell that she was tired and needed a rest. As I was helping her in to the bed she agreed that she was tired but also said she would be back out later. Then she fell asleep. She was still sleeping an hour later when Aunty Florence & Tomiko went out to run a couple of errands. She asked me later why she was so tired; she keeps forgetting that she has leukemia.

There was just so much going on and so many people today, I forgot to take photos.

Happy Birthday to Melvin, Suzi, George, & Zach! Happy Certified Nurses Day, Chocolate Caramel Day, Let's Laugh Day, and Poultry Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment